The cause of unwanted b.yellowads.men popup ads on your screen is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). Technically, the adware, that opens a lot of pop-up ads or redirects on an unwanted web page, is not a virus. It is is created to make a money. Once started, the adware injects a small code within the content of sites that you visit. The malicous code may pop-up a new internet browser window with b.yellowads.men web page or insert lots of advertisements directly into the sites you’re viewing.
The malicious software from the ad-supported software family that changes the settings of browsers usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the web browser, instead of your home page, you will see the unwanted b.yellowads.men advertisements.
The ‘ad supported’ software may insert tons of ads directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the ads has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal ads may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a lot of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We recommend to get rid of the adware, which redirects your browser on the b.yellowads.men unwanted web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your PC system.
How to b.yellowads.men advertisements get installed on to your PC
Probably, the adware get installed onto your personal computer when you have installed a free programs like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the adware is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web-pages. Even removing the application that contains ad-supported software, does not help you remove the b.yellowads.men advertisements. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to get rid of all unwanted ads.
How to manually remove b.yellowads.men
This useful removal guide for the b.yellowads.men redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of b.yellowads.men ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete b.yellowads.men redirect from Chrome
- Remove b.yellowads.men pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove b.yellowads.men advertisements from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.yellowads.men redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll display the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Delete b.yellowads.men redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been changed by adware.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is finished, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove b.yellowads.men pop-up ads from Firefox
If the FF settings have been modified by the ‘ad supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the reroute onto b.yellowads.men web site.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it is done, click the “Finish” button
Remove b.yellowads.men advertisements from IE
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu like below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.yellowads.men redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also alter the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted b.yellowads.men web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted programs. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove b.yellowads.men advertisements with free malware remover
Remove b.yellowads.men advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open the directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- When install is done, click on the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web browser to the b.yellowads.men unwanted site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is done, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block b.yellowads.men pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once the downloading process is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop ads, b.yellowads.men redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove b.yellowads.men pop-ups and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of the annoying b.yellowads.men advertisements from the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad-supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 30, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the malicious extensions and ad-supported software which shows advertisements from b.yellowads.men web-site. Once the scanning is finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your machine.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to delete adware, browser hijackers and other dangerous software.
After completing the instructions shown above, your machine should be free from malware and adware. The Chrome, FF, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer open b.yellowads.men unwanted popup ads or redirect you to unwanted web-sites. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.