When you launch your internet browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE, the web-page named Oursurfing.com opens automatically instead of your startpage? Or this annoying web-page has been set as new tab page and internet browser’s search engine ? Then most probably your machine is infected with unwanted software from the browser hijacker family. It usually get installed along with some free software. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you’re an active Web user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects. You need to clean your system from dangerous software like this hijacker infection as quickly as possible. Because the unwanted homepage can be a way to infect your system with more dangerous malicious software like viruses and trojans. The step-by-step instructions which follow, I’ll show you how to delete hijacker and thereby remove Oursurfing.com from your internet browser forever.
Most often, the Oursurfing.com hijacker infection affects most common web-browsers such as Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge. But such browser hijackers as well may infect other internet browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of web browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the web browser, it will display Oursurfing.com web-page. Even if you setup your home page again, the annoying Oursurfing.com web-site will be the first thing that you see when you launch the browser.
Table of contents
- What is Oursurfing.com
- Oursurfing.com home page removal steps
- How to remove Oursurfing.com homepage without any software
- Remove Oursurfing.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Oursurfing.com
- Remove Oursurfing.com startpage from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Oursurfing.com startpage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Oursurfing.com search from Google Chrome
- How to automatically remove Oursurfing.com hijacker infection
- How to remove Oursurfing.com homepage without any software
- How to block Oursurfing.com homepage
- Where the Oursurfing.com hijacker comes from
- Finish words
In addition, the Oursurfing.com browser hijacker can also modify the search engine selected in the web-browser. When you try to search on the infected web-browser, you will be presented with search results, consisting of ads and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur links that lead to unwanted and ad pages.
Although, Oursurfing.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it alters settings of installed internet browsers. Moreover, an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your system with this browser hijacker, which will display lots of ads, or even massive full page advertisements that blocks surfing the World Wide Web. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted applications or visit dangerous sites.
We suggest you to remove Oursurfing.com home page and free your computer as soon as possible, until the presence of the hijacker infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove Oursurfing.com , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Oursurfing.com home page removal steps
The answer is right here on this web page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your personal computer of browser hijacker. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise run the free antimalware utility created specifically to remove hijacker infection like Oursurfing.com. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
How to get rid of Oursurfing.com without any software
The useful removal instructions for the Oursurfing.com search. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Oursurfing.com redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove Oursurfing.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Oursurfing.com
When the hijacker infection is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show an unwanted site.
Right click on the shortcut of infected web browser as shown on the image below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll open a shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as shown on the screen below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers that are redirected to the Oursurfing.com unwanted site.
Remove Oursurfing.com home page from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as new tab page, home page and search engine by default have been modified by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, run the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Oursurfing.com home page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To restore the newtab page, startpage and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
Once the procedure is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s new tab page, startpage and search engine by default to default state.
Get rid of Oursurfing.com search from Google Chrome
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove Oursurfing.com hijacker infection
After completing the manually removal instructions above all unwanted programs and browser’s extensions that causes browser redirects to the Oursurfing.com web page should be deleted. If the problem with Oursurfing.com browser hijacker infection is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free browser hijacker infection removal programs below.
How to remove Oursurfing.com with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect and delete Oursurfing.com search from your machine. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the machine.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your machine for the browser hijacker that redirects your browser to the Oursurfing.com annoying web page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine.
- When the Malwarebytes has finished scanning, you can check all items detected on your system.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Delete Oursurfing.com browser hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and use to remove browser hijackers, adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your system. You can run this utility to scan for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 30, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Oursurfing.com hijacker and other malicious software and adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When it has finished scanning, it’ll show a list of all threats found by this utility. When you are ready, press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block Oursurfing.com start page
Run an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam sites. Additionally, adblocker programs will allow you to avoid unwanted pop-ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up advertisements, sites such Oursurfing.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Where the Oursurfing.com hijacker comes from
Most often, the freeware installer includes the optional ad supported software or PUPs such as this hijacker infection. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation mode. Here disable (uncheck) all optional software in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you don’t need to install the optional programs which you don’t trust! The only thing I want to add. Once the freeware is installed, if you uninstall this software, the startpage, newtab page and search provider by default of your favorite web-browser will not be restored. This must be done by yourself. Just follow the step-by-step guide above.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the Oursurfing.com . Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and unwanted malicious web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your personal computer for new browser hijackers, malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Oursurfing.com start page from the Google Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.