The toptonews.net is an ‘ad’ page which is created only for one purpose – display ads or reroute to other ‘ad-supported’ pages. Its appearance in your web browser means that your computer is infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). This type of harmful software does not delete files or infect them, but such as a virus can alter computer settings like the home page, newtab page and search provider by default and download and install malicious extensions that generates a large amount of pop-up ads. All the time, while the ad supported software is running, your web-browser will be fill with annoying ads. Moreover, this adware will be able to collect lots of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the Web. Thus, it is clear that the presence of adware on your PC is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC system in order to delete toptonews.net ads as soon as possible.
Most often, the adware affects the most common internet browsers such as the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But such the harmful software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the browser, it’ll redirect to the unwanted toptonews.net web-site. Even if you setup a new homepage, an unwanted page will be the first thing you see when you start the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge.
We suggest you to remove ad supported software and clean your machine from toptonews.net advertisements as soon as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the instructions below that will allow you to completely remove the reroute to toptonews.net unwanted web-site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of toptonews.net popup ads
How to manually remove toptonews.net pop-up ads
This useful removal guide for the toptonews.net . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove toptonews.net pop-ups let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove toptonews.net redirect
- Get rid of toptonews.net advertisements from Firefox
- Remove toptonews.net advertisements from Chrome
- Remove toptonews.net from IE
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your internet browser from pop-ups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove toptonews.net redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of toptonews.net advertisements from Firefox
If the FF settings have been modified by the ‘ad supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto toptonews.net web site.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it’s complete, click the “Finish” button
Remove toptonews.net advertisements from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and ‘ad supported’ software, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been replaced by adware.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this task is finished, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove toptonews.net from IE
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings such as startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to toptonews.net unwanted page.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying toptonews.net page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by malicious application.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove toptonews.net ads with free malware remover
Remove toptonews.net advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, web browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open the file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- When install is finished, press on the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware which redirects your web-browser to the toptonews.net unwanted page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop toptonews.net redirect
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, toptonews.net redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with toptonews.net pop-ups is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove toptonews.net redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which generates toptonews.net advertisements.
- When it has finished scanning your system, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step instructions above on how to delete adware with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide shown above, your system should be clean from malware and ‘ad supported’ software. The Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge will no longer open toptonews.net annoying pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted toptonews.net ads.