The WebDiscover Browser appeared on your personal computer without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that an unwanted toolbar added to the top of Windows desktop and all of your web-browsers are now rerouted to an unknown page every time when you press browser’s home button, create a new tab or perform an Web search. The cause of all your problems with your PC is WebDiscover Browser that has been installed on many systems around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this unwanted software has got into your computer. In the step-by-step instructions below, we will explain all effective methods for manually removing it from your system.
Often, the PC system, that has been infected with “WebDiscover Browser” hijacker, will be also infected with adware, which will open a huge number of various advertisements. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertising links with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-sites.
How did WebDiscover Browser hijacker get on your computer
How to manually remove WebDiscover Browser
This useful removal guide for the “WebDiscover Browser”. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of WebDiscover Browser let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete WebDiscover Browser by using Windows Control Panel
- Reset Google Chrome settings
- Reset Mozilla Firefox settings
- Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
Delete WebDiscover Browser by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to uninstall this unwanted program using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Reset Google Chrome settings
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your browser’s start page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Reset Internet Explorer settings
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
Once installed, browser hijacker may add an argument such “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will display the unwanted startpage.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Delete WebDiscover Browser with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Delete WebDiscover Browser manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free application will help you to delete ad supported software and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your personal computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for the browser hijacker infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing browser hijacker infection related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
Stop annoying pop-up ads and other unwanted sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous ads and pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
Follow the prompts. After installation is finished, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with WebDiscover Browser is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 28, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for browser hijacker infection.
- Once the scan is complete, the AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for WebDiscover Browser removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with WebDiscover Browser removal.