The Search.ydserp.com is a web-browser hijacker. As a result, your home page, newtab page and search provider by default are modified by Search.ydserp.com and all your search results are redirected to this harmful web-site or other domains. It may also create a large amount of pop-up advertising links on your system and increase your vulnerability. With the step-by-step guide below, you can get rid of it completely.
Most often, the Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker infection affects the most common browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such hijackers as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://search.ydserp.com/’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the internet browser, it will display Search.ydserp.com homepage. Even if you setup your start page again, it’s still the first thing you see when you start the web-browser will be the unwanted Search.ydserp.com page.
The Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker infection may also modify the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Net. The reason for this is that the Search.ydserp.com search results may open a huge number of advertisements, links to malicious and misleading web-sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Often, the PC, that has been infected with Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with ad supported software, which will display a large number of various advertising links. This may be pop-ups, text links in the sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertising links that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
How does your system get infected with Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker
How to manually remove Search.ydserp.com
Without a doubt, the hijacker is harmful to your system. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To uninstall this browser hijacker, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing malicious programs, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to remove Search.ydserp.com redirect easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in system or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically.
- Remove Search.ydserp.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.ydserp.com search
- Uninstall Search.ydserp.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Uninstall Search.ydserp.com from Chrome
- Remove Search.ydserp.com startpage from Internet Explorer
Remove Search.ydserp.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the dangerous programs such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software can remove the annoying advertising or browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.ydserp.com startpage
During the installation, this hijacker may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://search.ydserp.com/” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display this unwanted web-site.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://search.ydserp.com/” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall Search.ydserp.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as start page and search provider by default have been changed by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Uninstall Search.ydserp.com from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been modified by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the Advanced settings page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.ydserp.com startpage from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s home page to default state.
How to remove Search.ydserp.com with Antimalware
Uninstall Search.ydserp.com browser hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of adware and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Search.ydserp.com infection. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a instructions on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to stop Search.ydserp.com
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertising banners and malicious web-pages, you need to use program that blocks access to harmful ads and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Search.ydserp.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Search.ydserp.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 28, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Search.ydserp.com hijacker.
- Once the scan is complete, the AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Search.ydserp.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Search.ydserp.com removal.