The 24hourspc-support.com is a ‘ad-supported’ web site that displays misleading alerts. It want scare you into thinking that your personal computer have lots of heavy problems and thus force you to call to fake remote tech support service (1-800-506-6940). By calling it, you just lose your money and your time! If this page popping up in your internet browser then most probably that your PC system is infected with ad supported software. It’s a type of dangerous programs that designed to show a large amount of unwanted pop-up ads. Unlike viruses, the adware will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it will infect your PC, get full access to your web-browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and be able to alter their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be replaced, you will be redirected to unwanted advertisements, some of which can lead to dangerous or misleading web-sites. For this reason, we recommend that you start the clean up of your system as soon as possible and thereby get rid of 24hourspc-support.com advertising links.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web-browser to see 24hourspc-support.com annoying ads.
While your computer is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge may be rerouted to 24hourspc-support.com unwanted site. Of course, the ad supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a huge number of annoying advertising links. These advertising links will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your web-browser. The advertising can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertising banners will appear on all web-sites, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any ads.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the 24hourspc-support.com unwanted site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your system.
How does 24hourspc-support.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove 24hourspc-support.com redirect
This useful removal guide for the 24hourspc-support.com ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove 24hourspc-support.com let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove 24hourspc-support.com redirect
- Remove 24hourspc-support.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove 24hourspc-support.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove 24hourspc-support.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate unwanted ads and redirect your browser to 24hourspc-support.com page. So, delete the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove 24hourspc-support.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the 24hourspc-support.com or other annoying page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your web-browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the 24hourspc-support.com site or any other unwanted pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove 24hourspc-support.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to 24hourspc-support.com annoying advertisements which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove 24hourspc-support.com from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove 24hourspc-support.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the 24hourspc-support.com annoying web-site.
How to remove 24hourspc-support.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal 24hourspc-support.com popup ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for adware removal scan. It will begin scanning your system for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the 24hourspc-support.com annoying web page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stop 24hourspc-support.com ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertising links and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertising links and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, 24hourspc-support.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove 24hourspc-support.com pop-up ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of the annoying 24hourspc-support.com advertisements within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which opens the advertising from 24hourspc-support.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for 24hourspc-support.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying 24hourspc-support.com .