The very appearance global-redirect.com redirect is a classic sign of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which installed on your computer. Moreover, the adware can lead to the browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new browser window or delays when viewing a site on the Internet. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your PC. You need to follow the instructions below that will allow you to get rid of global-redirect.com ads and clean your system from the adware using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web-browser, you will see an annoying global-redirect.com page.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the global-redirect.com is just one of the many web-sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or redirect the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising sites. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the global-redirect.com annoying web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your system.
How does global-redirect.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove global-redirect.com ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove global-redirect.com from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove global-redirect.com redirect
- Uninstall global-redirect.com from Google Chrome
- Remove global-redirect.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Uninstall global-redirect.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate unwanted advertising and redirect your browser to global-redirect.com web site. So, delete the unneeded software may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove global-redirect.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertising banners.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall global-redirect.com from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove global-redirect.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto global-redirect.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Uninstall global-redirect.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the global-redirect.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to get rid of global-redirect.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal global-redirect.com popup ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will begin scanning your system for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the global-redirect.com unwanted site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your personal computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to block global-redirect.com ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, global-redirect.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove global-redirect.com pop-up ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying global-redirect.com advertisements within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 2, 2020
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the ads from global-redirect.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for global-redirect.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted global-redirect.com .