The cause of unwanted first-news.org popups on your screen is adware (also known as ad-supported software). Technically, the ad supported software, that shows first-news.org pop-ups, is not a virus. This software is created to make a money. Once started, the adware injects a java scripts within the content of pages that you visit. These js-scripts may pop-up a new browser window with first-news.org web-site or insert lots of advertisements directly into the pages you’re viewing.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the web-browser, you will see an annoying first-news.org site.
What is more, the ad supported software may display ads depend on a web page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ad supported software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to get rid of ad supported software and clean your PC from first-news.org ads as quickly as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to first-news.org unwanted web-site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does first-news.org pop-ups get installed onto system
Most commonly, the adware is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, select only the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown programs. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted software on your computer such as this adware that redirect the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge onto the annoying first-news.org web-page.
How to manually remove first-news.org ads
This guide will help you remove first-news.org ads. These first-news.org removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall first-news.org redirect
- Remove first-news.org pop-up ads from Chrome
- Remove first-news.org ads from Firefox
- Uninstall first-news.org from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall first-news.org redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the first-news.org or other unwanted web site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the first-news.org site or any other unwanted sites that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove first-news.org pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove first-news.org ads from Firefox
Open the FF menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Uninstall first-news.org from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Run IE, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the first-news.org annoying page.
How to delete first-news.org with Antimalware
Remove first-news.org advertising manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to the first-news.org unwanted page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block first-news.org popup ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertising banners and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, first-news.org redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with first-news.org ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the first-news.org pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the first-news.org ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for first-news.org advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying first-news.org pop-ups.