Dns unlocker is an adware that as a “dns changer” changes Windows dns servers to ones under their own control. Moreover DnsUnlocker malware replaces your dnsapi.dll file with a patched copy.
Use the following steps to remove DnsUnlocker:
- Download AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-malware from the links below.
- Go into Control Panel, next click to Uninstall a program. Scroll through all list and uninstall DNS Unlocker. Moreover remove any unknown and unused program.
- Run AdwCleaner, click a Scan. Once the process is completed, click the Clean button.
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware (mbam-setup). It will start an installation wizard. Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, click Scan Now button. When Malwarebytes is finished scanning, it will show a list of detected malware. You should now click on Remove selected button.
- On finish, you need to reset your browser’s settings.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware http://www.myantispyware.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware
Reset Chrome settings http://www.myantispyware.com/2016/01/06/how-to-reset-google-chrome-settings-to-default/
Reset Firefox settings http://www.myantispyware.com/2016/02/07/how-to-reset-mozilla-firefox-settings-to-default/
Reset IE settings http://www.myantispyware.com/2016/03/07/how-to-reset-internet-explorer-settings-to-default/