What is Infos-et-potins.com?
Infos-et-potins.com is a website which deceives computer users into allowing browser push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display intrusive advertisements, promote fake downloads, and encourage users to visit unsafe websites.
Infos-et-potins.com is a deceptive site that delivers a message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ in order to access the content of the web site, download a file, watch a video, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, and so on. If you press ALLOW, then you will start seeing unwanted ads in form of pop-ups on the desktop.
|Name||Infos-et-potins.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, adware, dubious pop up advertisements, potentially unwanted apps|
|Removal||Infos-et-potins.com removal guide|
How does your device get infected with Infos-et-potins.com popups
Experienced security researchers have determined that users are redirected to Infos-et-potins.com by adware software or from shady ads. Adware is type of malicious software which displays unwanted ads on a PC system, redirects search requests to scam websites and collects user information for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner advertisements, full-screen ads, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Adware can attack your personal computer’s browsers like the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Chrome. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or pop-ups is just a small problem. But these unwanted advertisements eat system resources and slow down your computer performance.
These days some freeware authors bundle PUPs or adware with a view to making some money. So whenever you install new free applications that downloaded from the Internet, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual installation option, disable all third-party software.
Remove Infos-et-potins.com notifications from internet browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see browser notifications from the Infos-et-potins.com web-site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your browser in MS Windows/Mac OS/Android. Find your web-browser in the list below, follow steps to delete internet browser permissions to display push notifications.
How to remove Infos-et-potins.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a simple manual instructions below which will help you to remove Infos-et-potins.com pop up ads from your Windows device. The most effective method to get rid of this adware is to perform the manual removal guide and then run Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will assist to weaken this adware and these malware removal tools will completely delete Infos-et-potins.com advertisements and return the Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE settings to default.
To remove Infos-et-potins.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Infos-et-potins.com notifications from internet browsers
- How to get rid of Infos-et-potins.com popup advertisements without any software
- Automatic Removal of Infos-et-potins.com pop ups
- Stop Infos-et-potins.com popups
How to get rid of Infos-et-potins.com popup advertisements without any software
In this section of the post, we have posted the steps that will help to remove Infos-et-potins.com pop up advertisements manually. Although compared to removal tools, this method loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on the personal computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with images. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and web-browser settings, then it’s better for you to use tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Removing the Infos-et-potins.com, check the list of installed software first
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of applications on your personal computer and see if there are any dubious and unknown software. If you see any, you need to delete them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Infos-et-potins.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting Mozilla Firefox web browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove Infos-et-potins.com pop up ads, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
Remove Infos-et-potins.com advertisements from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the internet browser’s settings such as default search provider, homepage and newtab page that have been modified by the adware software that causes Infos-et-potins.com ads.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like the one below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Infos-et-potins.com popup advertisements from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser new tab, search engine by default and home page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s search engine by default, start page and newtab to default state.
Automatic Removal of Infos-et-potins.com pop ups
The manual guidance above is tedious to follow and can not always help to completely delete the Infos-et-potins.com ads. Here I am telling you an automatic solution to delete this adware software from your PC completely. Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Hitman Pro are antimalware utilities that can scan for and get rid of all kinds of malicious software including adware that causes the intrusive Infos-et-potins.com ads.
How to remove Infos-et-potins.com advertisements with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana is free full featured malicious software removal tool. It can check your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to remove Infos-et-potins.com popup ads, other potentially unwanted applications, malware and adware software. It uses 1% of your computer resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time best possible protection for your computer.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the adware which causes the unwanted Infos-et-potins.com advertisements. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
After finished, it will open the Scan Results. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC system click “Next” button. The Zemana will remove adware related to the Infos-et-potins.com pop up ads and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the device.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of Infos-et-potins.com pop up ads
Hitman Pro is a free program that designed to remove malware, PUPs, hijackers and adware software from your PC running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll help to identify and delete adware which causes pop-ups, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download Hitman Pro on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole computer for the adware responsible for Infos-et-potins.com pop-ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the scan is finished, you will be shown the list of all found items on your PC system. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to delete Infos-et-potins.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware. You can download and install MalwareBytes to search for adware and thereby delete Infos-et-potins.com pop ups from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically searches for and removes all threats exist on the PC.
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your device. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC system for the adware related to the Infos-et-potins.com advertisements. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes will search for threats present on your PC system.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display you the results.
- Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then press the “Quarantine” button. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Infos-et-potins.com popups
Using an ad-blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker programs will also protect you from malicious ads and web-pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to Infos-et-potins.com and similar websites.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Infos-et-potins.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your PC for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying popup advertisements and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Infos-et-potins.com pop up ads related issues, go to here.