What is Meme Finder
Meme Finder is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security experts, this extension acts as adware. Adware is a form of software designed to display unwanted advertisements on the web-browser screen. Some of these ads are scams or fake advertisements created to trick users. Even the harmless advertisements can become really irritating. Adware software can be installed accidentally and without users knowing about it, when they open email attachments, install free programs.
Even worse, the Meme Finder adware can analyze the location and which Internet web-sites you visit, and then present advertisements to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware software makers can collect and sell your surfing information and behavior to third parties. So, it is very important to remove the adware sooner. The step-by-step guide will help you to remove Meme Finder as well as get rid of intrusive advertisements. What is more, the step-by-step tutorial below will help you delete other malicious applications such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers which can be installed onto personal computer along with the adware.
How does Meme Finder get on your device
Adware mostly comes on the PC with freeware. In many cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their personal computer has been infected with potentially unwanted apps and adware software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your PC system from adware and potentially unwanted programs: don’t install any suspicious software, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup mode, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Net. Be careful and attentive!
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-up virus, pop-ups, popup advertisements|
|Removal||Meme Finder removal guide|
How to remove Meme Finder adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We are presenting various solutions to remove Meme Finder adware from the IE, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox using only internal Microsoft Windows functions. Most of adware and PUPs can be removed through these processes. If these steps does not help to uninstall the adware software, then it is better to use a free malware removal utilities linked below.
To remove Meme Finder, use the following steps:
- Manual Meme Finder adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of Meme Finder
- How to stay safe online
Manual Meme Finder adware software removal
Most adware software can be removed manually, without the use of anti-virus or other removal tools. The manual steps below will show you how to get rid of Meme Finder step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you doubt that you can finish them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Delete potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Meme Finder from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
The Firefox reset will remove the Meme Finder ads, fix modified preferences, disable malicious extensions and restore security settings. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Meme Finder adware. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Delete Meme Finder from IE
In order to recover all web-browser new tab page, default search provider and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Meme Finder ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like search engine by default, new tab page and homepage to default state.
Remove Meme Finder from Chrome
Another method to delete Meme Finder adware from Google Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable malicious extensions and reset Google Chrome settings to original settings. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Meme Finder
Manual removal steps does not always help to completely get rid of the adware, as it is not easy to identify and remove components of adware software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malware removal tool to fully remove Meme Finder off your browser. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware software. The optimum method would be to use Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
Get rid of Meme Finder with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will allow you get rid of adware, potentially unwanted applications and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your computer. Zemana AntiMalware is created for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
Now you can install and run Zemana AntiMalware to remove Meme Finder ads from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Click the following link to download Zemana Anti-Malware setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC system. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Start the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your computer.
During installation you can change some settings, but we advise you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malware removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Now press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware application will scan through the whole PC system for the Meme Finder adware. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will search for threats exist on your computer.
As the scanning ends, Zemana AntiMalware will create a list of unwanted software and adware. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of Meme Finder adware and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer to make the change take effect.
Remove Meme Finder adware software and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free portable program that scans your computer for Meme Finder adware, PUPs and browser hijackers and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you delete any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Meme Finder adware. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When HitmanPro has completed scanning your computer, you may check all items found on your computer. Next, you need to click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Remove Meme Finder adware with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware that are fully clean your PC system of the adware software. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal application designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you remove unwanted Meme Finder adware from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted apps, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your device for free.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your device. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan” button for checking your device for the Meme Finder adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your device and the speed of your personal computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When MalwareBytes is complete scanning your personal computer, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will show you the results. When you are ready, click “Quarantine”. After disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete browser hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
By installing an ad blocking program such as AdGuard, you’re able to block malicious web-sites, stop autoplaying video ads and get rid of a large amount of distracting and intrusive ads on web-sites.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block harmful and misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and annoying malicious webpages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Meme Finder from the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then ask for help here.