What is Ourcoolposts.com?
Ourcoolposts.com pop ups are a scam which uses the browser notification feature to fool unsuspecting users into accepting push notifications via the web browser. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop up blocker and therefore display a ton of unwanted adverts. These advertisements are used to promote questionable browser extensions, prize & lottery scams, fake software, and adult websites.
Ourcoolposts.com is a scam site that delivers a fake message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ in order to access the content of the web page, enable Flash Player, watch a video, connect to the Internet, download a file, and so on. If you press ALLOW, then your web-browser will be configured to display popup ads in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, social engineering attack, adware, dubious popup advertisements|
|Removal||Ourcoolposts.com removal guide|
How does your PC get infected with Ourcoolposts.com pop ups
These Ourcoolposts.com pop-ups are caused by dubious ads on the web sites you visit or adware. Adware is a type of malicious software. When adware hijacks your computer, it might carry out various harmful tasks. Some of the more common acts on computers include: adware can show various popups and/or annoying deals;adware can redirect your internet browser to scam web-sites; adware can slow down your computer; adware can change internet browser settings.
Remove Ourcoolposts.com notifications from web browsers
if you became a victim of cybercriminals and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web-browser was configured to show annoying advertisements. To remove the advertisements, you need to remove the notification permission that you gave the Ourcoolposts.com web site to send notifications.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the right upper corner.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Ourcoolposts.com URL and get rid of it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the URL and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Ourcoolposts.com URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find Ourcoolposts.com, other questionable URLs, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Ourcoolposts.com URL.
- In the top right hand corner of the screen, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Ourcoolposts.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the URL.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Ourcoolposts.com site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Ourcoolposts.com pop ups (removal instructions)
We advise opting for automatic Ourcoolposts.com advertisements removal in order to get rid of all adware related entries easily. This way requires scanning the PC with reputable anti malware, e.g. Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can follow the guidance below in this post. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to close your web-browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Ourcoolposts.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Remove Ourcoolposts.com notifications from web browsers
- Manual Ourcoolposts.com pop ups removal
- Automatic Removal of Ourcoolposts.com pop ups
- Stop Ourcoolposts.com pop-ups
Manual Ourcoolposts.com pop ups removal
In most cases, it is possible to manually get rid of Ourcoolposts.com popups. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the computer and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Ourcoolposts.com advertisements, as well as perform a full scan of your PC, we recommend that you run adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall recently added PUPs
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and questionable programs, they are the ones you need to delete.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown apps.
Remove Ourcoolposts.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
The adware software can modify your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted web site as your search provider or home page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome browser will allow you to delete Ourcoolposts.com advertisements and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. Keep in mind that resetting your web-browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s newtab, search provider and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Ourcoolposts.com advertisements from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like newtab page, home page and default search engine have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their original state.
Remove Ourcoolposts.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by an malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that causes popups, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab page, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of Ourcoolposts.com pop ups
The simplest method to remove Ourcoolposts.com popups is to use an anti malware program capable of detecting adware. We suggest try Zemana AntiMalware or another free malicious software remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware software, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted software.
How to get rid of Ourcoolposts.com popups with Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware is a free tool that performs a scan of your computer and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your computer. If malicious software is detected, Zemana can automatically remove it. Zemana doesn’t conflict with other anti malware and antivirus programs installed on your PC.
Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup like below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana Anti-Malware on your computer.
Once setup is complete, you will see window like the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware program will scan through the whole computer for the adware related to the Ourcoolposts.com pop-up advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
When the checking is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your computer press “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove adware that causes multiple intrusive pop ups.
Delete Ourcoolposts.com pop up advertisements from browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your PC for adware related to the Ourcoolposts.com popups, potentially unwanted apps and browser hijackers and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you remove any malicious internet browser extensions and add-ons.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware that causes Ourcoolposts.com popups in your web-browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the Hitman Pro is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware..
After the system scan is complete, Hitman Pro will display you the results.
Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then press Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove Ourcoolposts.com pop-ups
You can get rid of Ourcoolposts.com advertisements automatically through the use of MalwareBytes AntiMalware. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan” button to search for adware responsible for Ourcoolposts.com pop-up advertisements. During the scan MalwareBytes will look for threats present on your PC system.
- When MalwareBytes is done scanning your device, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will prepare a list of unwanted software and adware software. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine”. After the cleaning procedure is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Stop Ourcoolposts.com pop-ups
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocking tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all intrusive web-sites like Ourcoolposts.com, ads and popups. To be able to do that, the ad blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the websites you’re visiting.
Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is done, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen such as the one below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Ourcoolposts.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have removed the adware using the step-by-step guidance, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox will no longer show unwanted Ourcoolposts.com webpage when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Ourcoolposts.com popup advertisements.