What is Investmeny.org?
Investmeny.org website is a scam which uses social engineering methods to lure unsuspecting users into allowing push notifications from websites run by scammers. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display annoying ads, promote fake downloads, and encourage users to visit shady websites.
When you visit the Investmeny.org web page that wants to send you notifications, you will be greeted with a confirmation request which asks whether you want to agree to them or not. Your options will be ‘Block’ and ‘Allow’. Once enabled, the Investmeny.org push notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of your screen occasionally and spam you with intrusive adverts.
|Name||Investmeny.org pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, suspicious pop up ads, adware, potentially unwanted applications|
|Removal||Investmeny.org removal guide|
How did you get infected with Investmeny.org popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Investmeny.org from shady advertisements or by PUPs and adware. Adware is a type of malicious software. It have various methods of earning by displaying the advertisements forcibly to its victims. Adware can display popup deals, show unwanted ads, change the victim’s web browser settings, or redirect the victim’s internet browser to unwanted webpages. Aside from causing unwanted advertisements and internet browser redirects, it also can slow down the device.
Remove Investmeny.org notifications from browsers
If you’re getting browser notifications from the Investmeny.org or another scam webpage, you will have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we’ll teach you how to turn them off.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the top right corner of the Chrome window.
- Select ‘Settings’. Then, scroll down to the bottom where it says ‘Advanced’.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Investmeny.org site and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser which displays Investmeny.org browser notifications ads.
- In the opened window, find Investmeny.org URL, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- In the top right corner of the Firefox window, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Investmeny.org URL, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Investmeny.org site and each suspicious URL.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right hand corner of the window.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Investmeny.org URL and other suspicious URLs under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Investmeny.org domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Investmeny.org pop ups (removal steps)
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your PC system for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the tutorial below. The Investmeny.org advertisements removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus applications are not developed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Microsoft Windows. Instead we recommend complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro, which are free programs dedicated to look for and delete adware software responsible for Investmeny.org ads. Use these tools to ensure the adware is removed.
To remove Investmeny.org pop ups, perform the steps below:
- Remove Investmeny.org notifications from browsers
- Manual Investmeny.org ads removal
- Automatic Removal of Investmeny.org advertisements
- Stop Investmeny.org ads
Manual Investmeny.org ads removal
The step-by-step guide will help you manually delete Investmeny.org popups from a web browser. If you have little experience in using computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Uninstall adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all potentially unwanted programs, adware applications and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and delete all dubious and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything suspicious that may be the adware software that causes Investmeny.org advertisements in your browser or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your computer.
Remove Investmeny.org from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Investmeny.org pop ups, malicious add-ons and extensions. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web browser settings to their original state.
Remove Investmeny.org popups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware and delete Investmeny.org pop-ups from web browser. This will also disable malicious add-ons as well as clear cookies and site data. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s search provider by default, startpage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Investmeny.org pop-ups from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser newtab, homepage and default search engine you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Investmeny.org advertisements
Best Investmeny.org ads removal utility should scan for and remove adware, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars, keyloggers, browser hijackers, worms, Trojans, and advertisements generators. The key is locating one with a good reputation and these features. Most quality programs listed below offer a free scan and malicious software removal so you can find and delete unwanted software without having to pay.
Remove Investmeny.org popups with Zemana
Zemana Free is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will help you delete Investmeny.org ads, adware, potentially unwanted programs and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your computer. Zemana is developed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Free. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once that process is complete, Zemana Free will show a list of found items.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The tool will remove adware that causes Investmeny.org pop ups in your internet browser and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Remove Investmeny.org pop up ads and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is one of the most useful utilities for removing adware software, potentially unwanted apps and other malicious software. It can search for hidden adware in your device and delete all malicious folders and files related to adware. HitmanPro will allow you to remove Investmeny.org pop up ads from your device and Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. We strongly recommend you to download this utility as the makers are working hard to make it better.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is opened, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for Investmeny.org pop up advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will prepare a list of unwanted programs and adware. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to remove Investmeny.org pop-ups
If you’re still having issues with the Investmeny.org advertisements — or just wish to check your device occasionally for adware software and other malware — download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. It is free for home use, and scans for and removes various unwanted programs that attacks your computer or degrades PC performance. MalwareBytes can remove adware software, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the adware which causes popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes utility is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software. Review the report and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Stop Investmeny.org ads
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocking utility (AdGuard, for example). It will block and protect you from all unwanted websites such as Investmeny.org, advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the ad-blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web sites you’re visiting.
- Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Investmeny.org, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have removed the adware software using this steps, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web pages like Investmeny.org. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.