What is Yourcoolfeed.com?
Yourcoolfeed.com pop-ups are a SCAM which uses social engineering techniques to trick users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Push notifications are originally created to alert users of newly published content. Scammers abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid anti-virus and adblocker software by displaying intrusive ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable web pages, install browser add-ons & so on.
The Yourcoolfeed.com site displays fake messages that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. If you click ALLOW, then you will start seeing unwanted adverts in form of pop ups on the screen.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted applications, social engineering attack, dubious popup ads, adware|
|Removal||Yourcoolfeed.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Yourcoolfeed.com pop-ups
These Yourcoolfeed.com popups are caused by shady advertisements on the webpages you visit or adware software. Adware software is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malicious software’. It is a malicious application which serves unwanted ads to computer users. Some examples include pop up ads, push notifications or unclosable windows. Adware can be installed onto your PC system via infected web pages, when you open email attachments, anytime you download and install free applications.
Remove Yourcoolfeed.com notifications from web browsers
If you’re getting browser notifications from the Yourcoolfeed.com or another scam website, you will have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we will teach you how to turn them off.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Yourcoolfeed.com URL and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser which displays Yourcoolfeed.com push notifications advertisements.
- Find Yourcoolfeed.com in the list and disable it.
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Yourcoolfeed.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Yourcoolfeed.com site and each dubious URL.
- Click the Gear button on the top right hand corner of the browser.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Locate the Yourcoolfeed.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Yourcoolfeed.com site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Yourcoolfeed.com pop ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Yourcoolfeed.com ads in the Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and IE can be permanently removed by uninstalling unwanted apps, resetting the browser to its default state, and reversing any changes to the computer by malicious software. Free removal tools which listed below can help in removing adware which shows numerous popup windows and annoying adverts.
To remove Yourcoolfeed.com pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Remove Yourcoolfeed.com notifications from web browsers
- How to manually get rid of Yourcoolfeed.com
- Automatic Removal of Yourcoolfeed.com popup ads
- Stop Yourcoolfeed.com advertisements
How to manually get rid of Yourcoolfeed.com
The step-by-step guide will help you manually delete Yourcoolfeed.com pop-ups from a device. If you are not good at computers, we recommend that you use the free utilities listed below.
Remove unwanted or recently added applications
When troubleshooting a personal computer, one common step is go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and uninstall suspicious programs. The same approach will be used in the removal of Yourcoolfeed.com pop up ads. Please use steps based on your MS Windows version.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other software. Next, remove any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes Yourcoolfeed.com ads in your internet browser. Select the suspicious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the dubious or any unknown programs, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this undesired program from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Delete Yourcoolfeed.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like newtab, search engine by default and homepage to their default state. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Yourcoolfeed.com adware. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Yourcoolfeed.com pop up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple solution to delete Yourcoolfeed.com popup advertisements, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, web-browser’s default search engine, new tab page and home page that have been changed by adware software.
First run the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The browser will display the settings screen. Another way to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the process of cleaning. When it’s finished, the web browser’s settings including newtab, search provider by default and home page back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Delete Yourcoolfeed.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like newtab, search provider by default and homepage had been modified by adware that causes Yourcoolfeed.com popup advertisements in your web browser, then you may restore your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
When the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s new tab page, search engine and homepage to default state.
Automatic Removal of Yourcoolfeed.com popup ads
We have compiled some of the best adware removing utilities that can be used to detect and remove Yourcoolfeed.com popups , unwanted web-browser addons and PUPs.
How to remove Yourcoolfeed.com pop up ads with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
If you need a free utility that can easily get rid of Yourcoolfeed.com pop-up ads, then use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). This is a very handy application, which is primarily created to quickly look for and delete adware and malicious software hijacking web-browsers and changing their settings.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on your PC.
Once install is done, you will see window similar to the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes Yourcoolfeed.com ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
After the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of adware that causes Yourcoolfeed.com pop-ups and move the selected items to the Quarantine.
Remove Yourcoolfeed.com ads and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free application that developed to delete malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and adware software from your device running Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to scan for and delete adware software which causes the unwanted Yourcoolfeed.com pop up ads, including its files, folders and registry keys.
First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Next” button . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware that causes Yourcoolfeed.com popup ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your device. When HitmanPro has finished scanning your computer, Hitman Pro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected as shown on the image below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Delete Yourcoolfeed.com popups with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Trying to remove Yourcoolfeed.com pop up ads can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Free can be a powerful ally, uninstalling most of today’s adware, malware and potentially unwanted apps with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will help you win.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is done, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes Yourcoolfeed.com ads. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once the scan is done, MalwareBytes Free will open you the results. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Quarantine”. Once the cleaning procedure is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete browser hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Stop Yourcoolfeed.com advertisements
Using an adblocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking programs will also protect you from harmful ads and web pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Yourcoolfeed.com and similar web pages.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Yourcoolfeed.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have removed the adware using this steps, Firefox, IE, MS Edge and Chrome will no longer redirect you to scam sites such as Yourcoolfeed.com. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.