What is Live-updates-center.com?
Live-updates-center.com pop-ups are a SCAM that uses social engineering to trick you and other unsuspecting victims into accepting browser push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display unwanted ads, promote adware software bundles, and encourage you to visit shady web-pages.
The Live-updates-center.com website displays the message ‘Click Allow to’ (watch a video, access the content of the web page, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, download a file), asking you to subscribe to notifications. Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your web browser will be configured to show pop-up adverts in the lower right corner of the screen.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, shady pop up ads, PUPs, adware software|
|Removal||Live-updates-center.com removal guide|
Where the Live-updates-center.com pop ups comes from
Cyber threat analysts have determined that users are re-directed to Live-updates-center.com by adware software or from misleading advertisements. Adware is type of malicious software which shows unwanted advertisements, redirects search requests to advertising web-sites and gathers confidential info for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner ads, full-screen ads, pop-ups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Adware can attack your computer’s internet browsers like the Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or popups is just a small problem. But these intrusive ads eat computer resources and slow down your PC performance.
Remove Live-updates-center.com notifications from web-browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see notifications from the Live-updates-center.com web page. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web browser in Windows/Mac OS/Android. Find your browser in the list below, follow step-by-step guide to get rid of browser permissions to show notifications.
How to remove Live-updates-center.com ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to remove Live-updates-center.com ads, start by closing any programs and pop-ups that are open. If a pop-up won’t close, then close your internet browser (IE, Google Chrome, Edge and Firefox). If a application won’t close then please restart your computer. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Live-updates-center.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Remove Live-updates-center.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to manually delete Live-updates-center.com
- Automatic Removal of Live-updates-center.com pop up ads
- Stop Live-updates-center.com pop-up ads
How to manually delete Live-updates-center.com
In this section of the blog post, we have posted the steps that will allow to remove Live-updates-center.com popup ads manually. Although compared to removal tools, this way loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on your PC system. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the MS Windows and web browser settings, then it’s better for you to run tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Remove PUPs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed applications on your personal computer and delete all unused, unknown and dubious applications.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of Live-updates-center.com ads from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Live-updates-center.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and remove Live-updates-center.com popups from web browser. This will also disable harmful extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Live-updates-center.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
This step will help you get rid of Live-updates-center.com pop up ads, third-party toolbars, disable harmful addons and return your default homepage, newtab and search provider settings.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Live-updates-center.com adware. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Live-updates-center.com pop up ads
The adware can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete fully. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that causes Live-updates-center.com popups in your browser once again infect your computer. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to remove adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best solution to find and remove adware software is to use free malware removal programs.
Run Zemana Free to remove Live-updates-center.com pop-up ads
Zemana Anti Malware is extremely fast and ultra light weight malware removal utility. It will assist you get rid of Live-updates-center.com popup ads, adware, potentially unwanted apps and other malicious software. This program gives real-time protection which never slow down your personal computer. Zemana Free is created for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the adware that causes Live-updates-center.com ads in your web browser. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the checking is complete, Zemana will display a list of found threats. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next”. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Remove Live-updates-center.com pop-ups from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro will help delete adware software that causes Live-updates-center.com pop-ups in your internet browser that slow down your device. The browser hijackers, adware and other PUPs slow your internet browser down and try to trick you into clicking on dubious ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your PC without Live-updates-center.com popups.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button to locate adware software that causes pop-ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
As the scanning ends, it will show the Scan Results.
Review the report and then click Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove Live-updates-center.com advertisements
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free which are completely clean your computer of the adware software. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you delete intrusive Live-updates-center.com pop up ads from your web browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup as displayed in the figure below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your device.
Once setup is complete, you’ll see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to find adware which causes popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is finished scanning your PC system, you can check all threats detected on your computer. Next, you need to click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to remove adware software that causes the unwanted Live-updates-center.com pop-ups. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video explains step-by-step tutorial on how to remove browser hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Stop Live-updates-center.com pop-up ads
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all intrusive web pages like Live-updates-center.com, advertisements and pop ups. To be able to do that, the ad-blocking application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The adblocker application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you’re visiting.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Live-updates-center.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the adware related to the Live-updates-center.com popups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and annoying harmful web sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious programs and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Live-updates-center.com pop-ups from your web browser, then ask for help here.