What is Convert Files 4 Free
Convert Files 4 Free is supposed to be a browser extension that will help users convert files from one format to another, but it acts as Adware. Adware is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. It is a form of harmful software which displays unwanted ads to computer users. Some examples include popup ads, push notifications or unclosable windows. Adware can be installed onto computers via infected web-sites, when users open email attachments, anytime users download and install free programs.
Another reason why you need to remove Convert Files 4 Free is its online data-tracking activity. It can monetize its functionality by collecting privacy information from your browsing sessions. This confidential information, subsequently, can be easily transferred third party companies. This puts your privacy info at a security risk.
As evident, the adware is quite dangerous. So, we suggest you get rid of it from your computer as quickly as possible. Follow the guide presented below to remove Convert Files 4 Free from your personal computer and Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge.
How does Convert Files 4 Free get on your device
Most of unwanted advertisements and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or add-ons, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional applications. Most commonly, these items claim itself as software that improve your experience on the Net by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted apps. Be cautious, start only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious apps.
|Name||Convert Files 4 Free|
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop-up advertisements, popup virus, popups|
|Removal||Convert Files 4 Free removal guide|
How to remove Convert Files 4 Free (Adware removal instructions)
We are presenting various ways to remove Convert Files 4 Free from Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and Internet Explorer using only internal MS Windows functions. Most of adware and potentially unwanted software can be removed through these processes. If these steps does not help to delete the adware, then it is better to run a free malware removal utilities linked below.
To remove Convert Files 4 Free, use the following steps:
- How to remove Convert Files 4 Free adware software without any software
- Automatic Removal of Convert Files 4 Free adware
- How to stay safe online
How to remove Convert Files 4 Free adware software without any software
The step-by-step instructions designed by our team will allow you manually delete Convert Files 4 Free from the PC. If you have little experience in using computers, we suggest that you use the free tools listed below.
Delete PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of adware software removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed programs on your personal computer and delete all unused, unknown and dubious apps.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all suspicious and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. When you’ve found anything dubious that may be adware software or potentially unwanted program (PUP), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your personal computer.
Remove Convert Files 4 Free adware from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware software and delete Convert Files 4 Free from browser. This will also disable harmful add-ons as well as clear cookies and site data. Keep in mind that resetting your browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web-browser’s new tab page, startpage and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Convert Files 4 Free adware from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Convert Files 4 Free adware.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete Convert Files 4 Free adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like search engine, new tab page and home page to default state.
Get rid of Convert Files 4 Free adware from Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your web browser displays annoying pop up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Convert Files 4 Free adware
Using a malicious software removal utility to look for and remove adware software hiding on your PC is probably the simplest method to remove the Convert Files 4 Free adware. We suggests the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) program for MS Windows computers. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes Anti Malware are other anti-malware utilities for Windows that offers a free malware removal.
Delete Convert Files 4 Free adware with Zemana Free
Zemana Free is free full featured malicious software removal tool. It can check your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana AntiMalware can help to remove Convert Files 4 Free , other PUPs, malware and adware. It uses 1% of your device resources. This utility has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time best possible protection for your computer.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is complete, close all programs and windows on your device. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for Convert Files 4 Free . This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- When finished, you will be displayed the list of all detected items on your computer. Next, you need to click “Next”. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Get rid of Convert Files 4 Free adware from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a malware removal utility that is developed to look for and terminate browser hijackers, potentially unwanted apps, adware and suspicious processes from the PC system that has been hijacked with malware. It is a portable program that can be run instantly from USB stick. HitmanPro have an advanced computer monitoring tool that uses a whitelist database to isolate suspicious processes and applications.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button for checking your device for the Convert Files 4 Free adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will display a list of detected threats like below.
Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then press “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Convert Files 4 Free with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you remove unwanted Convert Files 4 Free adware from your web browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this task is done, press the “Scan” button to detect Convert Files 4 Free adware. In order to remove all items, simply press “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we suggest you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
Enabling an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker programs will also protect you from harmful ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to misleading, scam and similar web-pages.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful and scam web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your personal computer should be free of the Convert Files 4 Free adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and annoying harmful webpages) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious apps and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Convert Files 4 Free from your internet browser, then ask for help here.