What is PancakeSwap AirDrop SCAM?
PancakeSwap AirDrop is another cryptocurrency giveaway scam to stay away from. The cryptocurrency scam promises victims 45 PancakeSwap (CAKE) tokens if they connect their crypto wallets to it. It must be emphasized that these promises are lies, no one will receive any tokens. Instead, scam victims may suffer financial losses and even identity theft by trying to take part in this fake giveaway.
Scammers use different ways to promote cryptocurrency giveaway scams, usually WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social networks. In addition, the PancakeSwap AirDrop scam can be promoted through deceptive ads, as well as Adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Typically, cryptocurrency giveaway scams require victims to transfer a small amount in order to get back a much larger one. In this particular case, the scammers promise 45 tokens, which at current exchange rates is around $ 858. But no matter how much the scammers promise, the entire amount that the victims will transfer will be lost.
In addition to the above, there is another danger for the victims of the cryptocurrency scam. Scammers can take control of the victims’ crypto wallets and withdraw all funds that are on them. And since cryptocurrencies are hard to trace, these funds are almost impossible to get back.
Often scammers try not only to steal cryptocurrency, but also to collect as much information as possible about their victims. The collected information can be used to make fraudulent purchases and unauthorized transfers, sold to criminals on the dark web, or other malicious purposes. Moreover, the criminals behind the PancakeSwap AirDrop scam can use stolen email addresses to send spam and malspam (spam emails containing malware or links to malware).
|Type||phishing, scam, social engineering, fraud|
|Related domains||pancakeswap-secure.com, pacnekeswap.com, pancokiswaop.finance, pancakeswapp.exchange, pancakesswape.com|
|Removal||PancakeSwap AirDrop removal guide|
PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups can invade computers, Android/Apple devices when users land on deceptive websites — by following a link from a spam email, or mistyping a URL. They might be served to users via Adware, PUPs (potenially unwanted programs) users can unwittingly install if they download free or pirated versions of apps. Adware is a form of malicious software that’s designed with the sole purpose to show dozens of pop up advertisements, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. Adware can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites.
Many of the free programs out there install unwanted browser toolbars, hijackers, adware software and PUPs along with them. One has to be attentive while installing freeware in order to avoid accidentally installing additional software. It’s important to pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation mode as it will typically disclose what optional programs will also be installed.
SpaceX BTC and ETH Giveaway, Binance Giveaway SCAM, BITCOIN DONATE, Ethereum Giveaway are some of the most recent cryptocurrency giveaways scams that we have reported on our website. In fact, there are many more, the Internet is full of such scams. Scammers very often use schemes based on: cryptocurrency giveaways, fake prizes, online surveys, fake warnings. Regardless of the scheme, they have the same goal – to generate revenue by deceiving users. Due to the large number of scam sites, you need to be careful when clicking on links and close suspicious sites as soon as they appear on the screen.
Text presented in the PancakeSwap AirDrop scam:
PancakeSwap Airdrop ( Ending Sunday )
Claim your 45 CAKE right now
Connect your wallet to get 45 PancakeSwap (CAKE) tokens for free in our airdrop
Trade tokens in an instant
You have to connect a wallet before you can select a currency
How to remove PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-up scam (Adware removal guide)
If you have constant pop ups, unwanted advertisements, slow PC, freezing computer problems, you are in need of adware removal assistance. The steps below will guide you forward to get PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups removed and will help you get your PC operating at peak capacity again.
To remove PancakeSwap AirDrop, complete the steps below:
- Manual PancakeSwap AirDrop scam removal
- Automatic Removal of PancakeSwap AirDrop scam
- Stop PancakeSwap AirDrop popup
Manual PancakeSwap AirDrop scam removal
Looking for a solution to remove PancakeSwap AirDrop popup scam manually without downloading any utilities? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free adware removal tools listed below that can help you get rid of PancakeSwap AirDrop pop up scam.
Delete unwanted or newly installed software
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking programs and adware software can be removed by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter such as the one below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the screen below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware responsible for PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel like below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the following example.
You will see a list of applications installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the adware related to the PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-up scam. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to delete is found, simply press on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ similar to the one below.
Delete PancakeSwap AirDrop scam from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove PancakeSwap AirDrop scam from Google Chrome
If you’re getting PancakeSwap AirDrop popups, then you can try to delete it by resetting Chrome to its original state. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s start page, search provider and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of PancakeSwap AirDrop popup scam from Internet Explorer
In order to recover browser settings you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
After the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s start page, default search provider and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of PancakeSwap AirDrop scam
The adware software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that causes PancakeSwap AirDrop popups can again infect your computer. Moreover, We want to note that it is not always safe to remove adware software manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the Windows operating system. The best solution to detect and get rid of adware is to use free malicious software removal tools.
Use Zemana Free to remove PancakeSwap AirDrop popups
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-up removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes multiple intrusive popups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- Once the scanning is finished, Zemana Free will show a list of detected threats.
- Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your computer click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of adware that causes PancakeSwap AirDrop scam in your browser and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove PancakeSwap AirDrop pop ups and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
The Hitman Pro tool is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It may scan and remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software and adware software in Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge internet browsers and thereby remove any unwanted pop up advertisements. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes PancakeSwap AirDrop pop ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. After HitmanPro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will open you the results as shown on the screen below.
Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Run MalwareBytes Free to delete PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-up scam
We suggest using the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your device of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you delete the PancakeSwap AirDrop scam from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted apps, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for checking your PC for the adware that causes PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups in your browser. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When the system scan is done, a list of all threats found is produced.
- All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press the “Quarantine” button. After the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups
Use an ad blocking utility like AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad-blocking apps will help you to avoid unwanted ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block PancakeSwap AirDrop scam, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Now your device should be clean of the adware that causes PancakeSwap AirDrop scam in your internet browser. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and intrusive harmful web-pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your device for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of PancakeSwap AirDrop pop-ups from your browser, then ask for help here.