What is Funtoday.info?
Funtoday.info is a website which uses the browser notification feature to fool you and other unsuspecting users into accepting push notifications via the internet browser. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display intrusive advertisements, promote fake software, and encourage users to visit shady websites.
Brainychoose-captcha.top uses a fake captcha verification (“Click Allow If you are not a Robot”) to trick victims into allowing push notifications. Once push notifications are allowed, it is able to display unwanted ads right on the victim’s desktop. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable web sites, install internet browser extensions & so on.
|Name||Funtoday.info pop up, Funtoday.info virus|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, dubious popup ads, adware software, potentially unwanted software|
|Removal||Funtoday.info removal guide|
How does your device get infected with Funtoday.info popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Funtoday.info from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware software’s basic purpose is to show advertisements. These advertisements are often displayed as sponsored links, pop-ups or push notifications. Clicks on the advertisements produce a monetary payoff for the software authors. Adware software can work like Spyware, since it sends privacy information such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Most of unwanted ads and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or add-ons, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional software. Most commonly, these items claim itself as software which improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive home page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious apps.
Remove Funtoday.info notifications from browsers
If you became a victim of cyber criminals and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web browser was configured to display unwanted advertisements. We have put together this guide on how you can remove Funtoday.info ads from Android, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How to remove Funtoday.info advertisements (removal instructions)
When the adware software gets installed on your PC system without your knowledge, it’s not easy to remove. Most commonly, there is no Uninstall application that simply remove the adware responsible for Funtoday.info popups from your computer. So, we advise using several well-proven free specialized utilities like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or HitmanPro. But the best solution to delete Funtoday.info advertisements will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware utilities.
To remove Funtoday.info pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove Funtoday.info notifications from browsers
- How to manually remove Funtoday.info
- Automatic Removal of Funtoday.info popups
- Stop Funtoday.info advertisements
How to manually remove Funtoday.info
Looking for a solution to remove Funtoday.info ads manually without downloading any tools? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free programs listed below that can allow you remove Funtoday.info popups.
Delete PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your device and see if there are any suspicious and unknown apps. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an World Wide Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted application, adware software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Funtoday.info ads from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Funtoday.info web-page. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, open the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Funtoday.info adware. After, it’s done, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Funtoday.info pop-ups from Google Chrome
The adware software can alter your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted webpage as your search provider or homepage, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome internet browser will help you to remove Funtoday.info pop-ups and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s home page, new tab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Funtoday.info popups from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware that causes multiple unwanted popups, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as default search engine, home page and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Funtoday.info popups
Malware removal utilities are pretty effective when you think your computer is infected by adware software. Below we’ll discover best utilities that can be used to remove adware and Funtoday.info pop-up advertisements from your PC system and internet browser.
Run Zemana to get rid of Funtoday.info advertisements
Thinking about remove Funtoday.info popup ads from your web browser? Then pay attention to Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). This is a well-known tool, originally created just to detect and delete malicious software, adware and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malware, but also protect your PC from malicious software and adware, as well as identify and get rid of common viruses and trojans.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware on your computer from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free installation on your device.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Funtoday.info pop up ads from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), you’ll see a window as shown in the figure below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your PC system.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti-Malware will produce a list of unwanted apps and adware. Next, you need to press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart personal computer in order to complete the Funtoday.info pop-ups removal procedure.
- If you want to fully delete adware from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the adware removal process.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Funtoday.info ads
If Zemana Free cannot remove this adware, then we recommends to use the HitmanPro. Hitman Pro is a free removal tool for hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and adware software which causes the annoying Funtoday.info pop up ads. It is specially developed to work as a second scanner for your personal computer.
- Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button to begin checking your personal computer for the adware that causes multiple annoying popups. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Hitman Pro is done scanning your personal computer, HitmanPro will display a scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to delete Funtoday.info advertisements
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free which are completely clean your computer of the adware software. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It is able to help you remove annoying Funtoday.info pop-ups from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted apps, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Double-click the setup file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you set up MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your device. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to locate adware software which causes popups. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When MalwareBytes Free completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will delete adware that causes pop-ups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the device.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
Stop Funtoday.info advertisements
We advise to install an ad blocking program that may stop Funtoday.info and other annoying web-pages. The adblocker utility like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web-pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Funtoday.info, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve done the steps outlined above, your computer should be free from adware software that causes Funtoday.info advertisements in your internet browser and other malicious software. The Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various unwanted websites such as Funtoday.info. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.