What is BadSiteDefender
BadSiteDefender is supposed to be a browser extension that will block malicious sites and improve the browsing experience, but according to security professionals, this extension is adware. Adware is type of software created to insert advertising into your Internet surfing or even desktop experience. Adware software can be developed to alter your start page, search provider, search results, or even add toolbars to your web-browser. The BadSiteDefender adware run in the background when surf the World Wide Web, and it can display unwanted ads, slow down your web-browser and affect its performance.
Does adware steal your personal information? Adware has the ability to collect your browsing history and sensitive info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, your personal information can be used for marketing purposes.
To find out how to delete BadSiteDefender adware, we suggest to read the simple guide added to this article below. The guide was prepared by experienced security specialists who discovered a way to remove the adware out of the PC.
How does BadSiteDefender get on your PC
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-ups, pop up virus, pop-up advertisements|
|Removal||BadSiteDefender removal guide|
How to remove BadSiteDefender adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below, we will try to cover Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE and provide general help to get rid of BadSiteDefender adware. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown programs, reset browsers settings, fix internet browsers shortcuts, remove malicious scheduled tasks, run free malware removal utilities. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this website. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove BadSiteDefender, follow the steps below:
- Manual BadSiteDefender adware removal
- Automatic Removal of BadSiteDefender
- How to stay safe online
Manual BadSiteDefender adware removal
Looking for a solution to remove adware manually without downloading any programs? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can allow you remove BadSiteDefender adware.
Remove newly installed adware
Some potentially unwanted apps, browser hijacking software and adware can be uninstalled by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed applications in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all software installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Delete BadSiteDefender from Firefox
If the Firefox browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like new tab page, home page and default search provider to their original state. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their default state.
Remove BadSiteDefender from Google Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Chrome settings. PUPs such as the adware can make changes to your web browser settings, add toolbars and undesired extensions. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will remove BadSiteDefender and reset unwanted changes caused by adware software. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove BadSiteDefender adware from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser default search engine, start page and new tab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s new tab page, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of BadSiteDefender
Manual removal steps may not be for an unskilled computer user. Each BadSiteDefender removal step above, such as removing suspicious programs, restoring hijacked shortcuts, deleting the adware software from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you’re have doubts about the steps above, then we recommend that you follow the automatic BadSiteDefender removal guidance listed below.
Get rid of BadSiteDefender adware with Zemana Anti-Malware
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to remove BadSiteDefender automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a free application specially designed for malware removal. This utility can get rid of adware, browser hijacker from Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the BadSiteDefender adware software. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC.
- When Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has completed scanning your computer, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- In order to delete all threats, simply press the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of BadSiteDefender adware. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of BadSiteDefender
In order to make sure that no more harmful folders and files related to adware are inside your device, you must run another effective malware scanner. We advise to use HitmanPro. No installation is necessary with this tool.
First, please go to the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the utility is started, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the BadSiteDefender adware. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. Once finished, HitmanPro will display a scan report as shown in the following example.
All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
How to remove BadSiteDefender with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
You can get rid of BadSiteDefender automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove hijackers, adware software, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan” button to scan for BadSiteDefender adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- Once the scan get completed, it will show the Scan Results. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine”. Once the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
How to stay safe online
Enabling an ad-blocker application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker apps will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web-pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to misleading, scam and similar web sites.
- Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block BadSiteDefender, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be clean of the BadSiteDefender adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popups and intrusive malicious web pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove BadSiteDefender from your web-browser, then ask for help here.