What is Cursor Changer
Cursor Changer is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but it is adware. Adware is type of malicious software designed to add advertising into your Internet surfing or even desktop experience. Adware can modify your homepage, search provider, search results, or even add toolbars to your browser. Adware run in the background when surf the World Wide Web, and adware can slow down your PC and affect its performance.
Another reason why you need to get rid of the Cursor Changer adware is its online data-tracking activity. It is able to gather and transmit confidential info without your knowledge. Adware has the ability to track information about websites visited, internet browser and system information, and your PC system IP address.
How does Cursor Changer get on your computer
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop-ups, pop up advertisements, popup virus|
|Removal||Cursor Changer removal guide|
How to remove Cursor Changer adware (removal steps)
The adware software is a form of malicious software that you might have difficulty in deleting it from your personal computer. Luckily, you have found the effective Cursor Changer adware removal steps in this blog post. Both the manual removal way and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need help then type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your personal computer or exit this web-page. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Cursor Changer, use the steps below:
- How to delete Cursor Changer adware software without any software
- Automatic Removal of Cursor Changer adware
- How to stay safe online
How to delete Cursor Changer adware software without any software
Most adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal tools. The manual steps below will guide you through how to delete adware software step by step. Although each of the steps is easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Delete suspicious applications using Windows Control Panel
In order to remove PUPs like this adware software, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted apps. If yes, delete them off. Even if they are just a software which you do not use, then uninstalling them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other software. Next, remove any unrequested and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the Cursor Changer adware. Select the dubious application or the application that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown apps, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted application from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Delete Cursor Changer adware from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser new tab, homepage and search engine by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, start the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
After the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your device for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s start page, search provider by default and new tab to default state.
Remove Cursor Changer from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page such as the one below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Cursor Changer adware. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Cursor Changer from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default values is useful in deleting the Cursor Changer adware from your browser. This method is always effective to follow if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Cursor Changer adware
Spyware, adware, potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers can be difficult to remove manually. Do not try to remove this applications without the aid of malware removal tools. In order to completely remove adware software from your computer, run professionally designed tools, such as Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro.
How to get rid of Cursor Changer adware with Zemana AntiMalware
Does Zemana Free remove Cursor Changer adware? The adware is often installed with malware which can force you to install an program such as PUPs you don’t want. Therefore, recommend using the Zemana AntiMalware. It’s a utility created to scan and remove adware and other malware from your computer for free.
Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed on the screen below.
When the setup begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you setup Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on your computer.
Once setup is done, you will see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to detect Cursor Changer adware. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
After the scan is done, you can check all threats found on your PC system. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will delete Cursor Changer adware.
Use HitmanPro to remove Cursor Changer
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool. It removes PUPs, adware, browser hijackers and unwanted browser extensions. It will identify and delete Cursor Changer . Hitman Pro uses very small device resources and is a portable program. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
Click the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your PC system. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Cursor Changer adware. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will look for threats present on your PC..
When HitmanPro is complete scanning your personal computer, HitmanPro will show a list of found threats.
Review the scan results and then press Next button.
It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Cursor Changer adware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
Remove Cursor Changer manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your PC system. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC system can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the download is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, press the “Scan” button to search for Cursor Changer adware. This task may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine”. After the clean up is finished, you can be prompted to restart your device.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad-blocker application. The ad-blocking utility like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Internet and blocks access to malicious webpages. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Cursor Changer redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the guidance shown above, your device should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer show any unwanted ads when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Cursor Changer adware.