What is Custom Look
Custom Look is supposed to be a program that will improve the browsing experience, but it is an adware that can attack computer’s internet browsers like the IE, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Adware is form of malicious software that displays unwanted advertisements, redirects search requests to advertising web-sites and gathers personal information for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner ads, full-screen ads, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Maybe you approve the idea that the advertisements or popups is just a small problem. But these unwanted ads eat device resources and slow down your device performance. Adware
Does adware steal your personal data? Adware can collect your browsing history and personal info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, confidential information can be transferred to third parties. Therefore it’s very important to follow the instructions below immediately. The step-by-step tutorial will allow you to delete Custom Look as well as clean your internet browser from annoying advertisements. What is more, the steps below will help you get rid of other harmful apps such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers that can be installed onto computer along with the adware.
How does Custom Look get on your device
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop ups, popup virus, pop up advertisements|
|Removal||Custom Look removal guide|
How to remove Custom Look adware (removal guidance)
There are a few ways that can be used to remove Custom Look. But, not all PUPs such as this adware software can be completely removed utilizing only manual ways. Most commonly you are not able to remove any adware utilizing standard Windows options. In order to adware software you need complete a few manual steps and run reliable removal utilities. Most computer security professionals states that Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free or Hitman Pro utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to search for and remove Custom Look adware from your PC and restore your browser settings to defaults.
To remove Custom Look, perform the steps below:
- Manual Custom Look removal
- Automatic Removal of Custom Look adware software
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Custom Look removal
This part of the article is a step-by-step tutorial that will allow you to remove Custom Look adware manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to install any additional apps.
Delete dubious apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of applications on your computer and see if there are any suspicious and unknown apps. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Net search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted application, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Custom Look adware from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer browser settings such as search engine by default, new tab and home page had been changed by Custom Look adware, then you may restore your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, open the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your device for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of Custom Look adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, default search provider and new tab page to default state.
Get rid of Custom Look from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your browser shows annoying pop-up ads, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Custom Look adware software. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Custom Look adware from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. PUPs like the adware can make changes to your browser settings, add toolbars and unwanted extensions. By resetting Chrome settings you will remove Custom Look adware and reset unwanted changes caused by adware software. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s home page, new tab page and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Custom Look adware software
In order to completely remove Custom Look, you not only need to uninstall adware from your PC system, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and run free removal tools to automatically clean your device of Custom Look .
How to remove Custom Look adware software with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Thinking about get rid of Custom Look adware from your web-browser? Then pay attention to Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). This is a well-known tool, originally created just to find and get rid of malware, adware software and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malware, but also protect your computer from malicious software and adware software, as well as find and remove common viruses and trojans.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free install on your device.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete Custom Look from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), you’ll see a window as shown on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button for checking your computer for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) scans your device.
- After the scan get finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will create a list of unwanted applications and adware. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) may require a reboot PC system in order to complete the Custom Look adware removal process.
- If you want to fully remove adware software from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your PC system to complete the adware removal process.
Remove Custom Look adware software from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro cleans your PC from browser hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, unwanted toolbars, web browser addons and other unwanted software like Custom Look adware software. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your PC system to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to locate if there are undesired applications in your personal computer. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to remove.
First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is finished, open the file location and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to perform a system scan for the Custom Look adware. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the Hitman Pro program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When Hitman Pro completes the scan, you can check all threats found on your personal computer as on the image below.
You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will get rid of Custom Look adware and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once the process is done, the tool may ask you to restart your computer.
How to delete Custom Look with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
We advise using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes to search for adware and thereby delete Custom Look from your web browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically finds and deletes all threats present on the PC.
MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your device. Double-click the install file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you set up MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, press “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Custom Look adware. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
After MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display a scan report. Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your computer press “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes Free will remove Custom Look adware software and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After the procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to delete adware software, hijacker and other malware.
How to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all malicious web-sites using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block intrusive web browser redirects, advertisements and pop ups in any modern web browsers including IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It is named Adguard and it works very well.
- Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Custom Look redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the Custom Look adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and intrusive harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Custom Look ads from your web browser, then ask for help here.