What is Ad Video Blocker
Ad Video Blocker is supposed to be a browser extension that will block ads on YouTube, but according to security professionals, it is adware. Adware’s basic purpose is to display advertisements. These ads are often displayed as advertising banners, pop-ups or different offers and deals. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware software can work like Spyware, since it sends personal info such as searches and trends to advertisers.
The worst is, the Ad Video Blocker adware may monetize its functionality by collecting privacy data from your browsing sessions. This confidential info, later, can be easily transferred third party companies. This puts your privacy information at a security risk. Therefore it’s very important to follow the step-by-step guide below without a wait. This guide will assist you to remove Ad Video Blocker as well as clean your browser from intrusive advertisements. What is more, the instructions below will help you remove other harmful software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers which can be installed onto computer along with the adware.
How does Ad Video Blocker get on your computer
|Name||Ad Video Blocker|
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-ups, popup virus, popup ads|
|Removal||Ad Video Blocker removal guide|
How to remove Ad Video Blocker from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Ad Video Blocker can be permanently removed by deleting susupicious software, resetting the web browser to its original settings, and reversing any changes to the personal computer by malicious software. Free removal utilities which listed below can also help in deleting adware.
To remove Ad Video Blocker, perform the following steps:
- Manual Ad Video Blocker removal
- Automatic Removal of Ad Video Blocker adware
- How to stay safe online
Manual Ad Video Blocker removal
Looking for a way to get rid of Ad Video Blocker adware manually without downloading any software? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can allow you remove adware software.
Delete questionable programs using Windows Control Panel
The best initial step for removing adware is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox from pop ups, hijackers and so on.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Delete Ad Video Blocker adware from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove Ad Video Blocker adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like search engine by default, startpage and new tab page to default state.
Remove Ad Video Blocker adware software from Chrome
Use the Reset web browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab, start page and search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser redirects to unwanted ad websites.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s new tab, search provider by default and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Ad Video Blocker adware from Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your browser shows intrusive pop-up ads, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, open the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button such as the one below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Ad Video Blocker adware
IT security researchers have built efficient adware software removal tools to aid users in removing unexpected popups and annoying ads. Below we will share with you the best malware removal utilities that can be used to locate and delete the Ad Video Blocker adware.
How to remove Ad Video Blocker with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is an amazing tool to remove Ad Video Blocker from the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. It also deletes malware and adware from your PC system. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
Now you can install and run Zemana to remove adware from your web browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your computer. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Launch the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your PC system.
During install you can change some settings, but we advise you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malware removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed in the following example.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application will scan through the whole PC for the Ad Video Blocker adware. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. While the Zemana Free program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is finished scanning your PC system, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your PC. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove Ad Video Blocker adware. After the process is complete, you can be prompted to restart your computer to make the change take effect.
Delete Ad Video Blocker adware from browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free program which designed to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted software, browser hijackers and adware from your computer running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will allow to identify and remove Ad Video Blocker adware, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Download HitmanPro on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” to start scanning your computer for the Ad Video Blocker adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will find threats present on your PC.
- After that process is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to delete Ad Video Blocker with MalwareBytes
You can get rid of Ad Video Blocker automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Click the following link to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware software. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After MalwareBytes has finished scanning your device, it will display the Scan Results. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will start to delete Ad Video Blocker . Once finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malware.
How to stay safe online
It is important to use ad-blocking programs such as AdGuard to protect your PC system from malicious websites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to stop misleading and other unwanted web sites.
- First, click the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block harmful and misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Once you’ve finished the steps above, your device should be clean from this adware software and other malicious software. The IE, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox will no longer display any unwanted ads when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Ad Video Blocker adware.