The cyber security researchers have determined that Nstestpush.com is a web page that uses social engineering to lure you to accept push notifications via the web browser. When you visit the Nstestpush.com web page which wants to send you push notifications, you’ll be greeted with a confirmation request which asks whether you want to agree to them or not. Your options will be ‘Block’ and ‘Allow’.
Once click on the ‘Allow’ button, the Nstestpush.com web site gets your permission to send spam notifications in form of pop up adverts in the lower right corner of the screen. The devs behind Nstestpush.com use these push notifications to bypass protection against popups in the web-browser and therefore display a ton of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote questionable browser plugins, prize & lottery scams, fake downloads, and adult web-pages.
In order to unsubscribe from Nstestpush.com push notifications open your internet browser’s settings and follow the Nstestpush.com removal guide below. Once you remove Nstestpush.com subscription, the spam notifications will no longer show on the desktop.
|Type||spam notifications advertisements, pop-up virus, pop-up advertisements, popups|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted programs, malicious pop up advertisements, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Nstestpush.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Nstestpush.com pop-ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Nstestpush.com from dubious ads or by potentially unwanted applications and adware software. Adware is something which you should be aware of even if you use Google Chrome or other modern web-browser. This is the name given to software that have been designed to display undesired ads and pop-up deals onto your web-browser screen. The reason for adware’s existence is to make profit for its developer.
Adware software mostly comes on the PC with free software. In many cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been hijacked with PUPs and adware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your computer from adware and PUPs: do not install any suspicious programs, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation mode, don’t rush to press the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive!
If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to complete steps below to delete the adware and remove Nstestpush.com advertisements from your web-browser.
How to remove Nstestpush.com ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Most often adware requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team designed several removal methods that we have summarized in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you have the annoying Nstestpush.com advertisements on your PC system and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the step-by-step guidance below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your computer or exit this web site. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Nstestpush.com pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Manual Nstestpush.com popups removal
- Automatic Removal of Nstestpush.com popups
- Block Nstestpush.com and other unwanted web-sites
- To sum up
Manual Nstestpush.com popups removal
This part of the blog post is a step-by-step guidance that will show you how to remove Nstestpush.com advertisements manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to download any additional tools.
Remove PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware software is to check your computer installed programs screen and look for unwanted and questionable programs. If there are any programs you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should delete them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to use adware removal utility like Zemana Free.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Nstestpush.com notifications from internet browsers
If you’ve allowed the Nstestpush.com spam notifications, you might notice that this web-page sending requests, and it can become annoying. To better control your PC system, here’s how to remove Nstestpush.com spam notifications from your web browser.
- In the right upper corner of the browser window, click on ‘three vertical dots’, and this will open up the main menu on Chrome.
- Select ‘Settings’. Then, scroll down to the bottom where it says ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and security’ section, select ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Nstestpush.com site or other suspicious URL and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the browser that shows Nstestpush.com spam notifications ads.
- Find Nstestpush.com site, other dubious sites and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the browser.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Nstestpush.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Nstestpush.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Nstestpush.com and other suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Nstestpush.com URL, other suspicious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Nstestpush.com ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will delete Nstestpush.com pop ups from web-browser and disable harmful extensions. It will also clear cached and temporary data (cookies, site data and content). When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First run the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another way to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation prompt as shown in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the procedure of cleaning. Once it’s done, the web-browser’s settings including home page, default search engine and newtab page back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove Nstestpush.com popup advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser homepage, search engine and new tab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab, home page and default search engine to default state.
Get rid of Nstestpush.com popups from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove redirects to intrusive Nstestpush.com web site, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Nstestpush.com adware software. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Nstestpush.com popups
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will allow you get rid of all components of the adware software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove Nstestpush.com advertisements.
How to remove Nstestpush.com ads with Zemana Free
Zemana is a free tool that performs a scan of your device and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your computer. If malicious software is found, Zemana can automatically remove it. Zemana does not conflict with other antimalware and antivirus apps installed on your device.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free installation on your personal computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is done, Zemana Free will open automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware to remove Nstestpush.com pop-up ads from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Anti-Malware, you will see a window as displayed in the following example, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your computer.
- After the scan get finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will create a list of unwanted applications and adware software. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a restart device in order to complete the Nstestpush.com pop-ups removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware software from your device, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted applications and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC to complete the adware software removal process.
Remove Nstestpush.com advertisements from web-browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free application that designed to delete malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and adware software from your PC running Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll help to search for and get rid of adware software that cause pop-ups, including its files, folders and registry keys.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is complete, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” . HitmanPro tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware software responsible for Nstestpush.com pop-ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
Once finished, Hitman Pro will display you the results as shown in the figure below.
Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your device click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will start to delete adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups. Once that process is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your device.
How to get rid of Nstestpush.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Remove Nstestpush.com pop-up ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your device. Moreover, this free application will help you to get rid of malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your computer may be infected too.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will assist you setup MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, press “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main window as displayed on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware that causes unwanted Nstestpush.com pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
After MalwareBytes completes the scan, MalwareBytes will open a list of found threats. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will delete adware that causes Nstestpush.com advertisements and move the selected items to the Quarantine. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to get rid of hijackers, adware software and other malware.
Block Nstestpush.com and other unwanted web-sites
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious websites and advertisements by using an ad blocker program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as shown on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Nstestpush.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have complete the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be free from adware software that causes annoying Nstestpush.com pop ups and other malware. The Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge will no longer reroute you to various intrusive web sites similar to Nstestpush.com. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.