What is Mylucky Tab?
According to IT security experts, Mylucky Tab is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) that falls under the family of Browser hijackers. A browser hijacker is a part of software that is created to take over the web-browser and control user’s surfing preferences. It commonly aims at Google Chrome internet browser, but it’s possible that it can hijack other web-browser too. The browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs can sneak into the PC system unnoticed due to the fact that it’s actively being promoted in free applications. We suggest that you uninstall Mylucky Tab as soon as you notice the changes it has made to your web browser settings.
Most often, hijackers promote fake search providers by setting their address as the default search provider. In this case, the hijacker installs tailsearch.com as a search provider. This means that users whose web browser is infected with the browser hijacker are forced to visit tailsearch.com each time they search in the Web, open a new window or tab. And since tailsearch.com is not a real search provider and does not have the ability to find the information users need, this website reroutes the user’s web browser to Google, Bing or Yahoo search engine.
As well as unwanted browser redirects to tailsearch.com, the Mylucky Tab browser hijacker can collect your World Wide Web surfing activity by saving cookie information, URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, web-sites visited and Internet Service Provider (ISP). Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or sensitive information theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker that reroutes the web browser to Mylucky Tab should be removed without a wait.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Mylucky Tab homepage removal, how to remove hijacker from your web browser and device. Find the best free malware removal tools here!
How can a browser hijacker get on your computer
|Type||PUP, search provider hijacker, start page hijacker, browser hijacker, redirect virus|
|Affected Browser Settings||newtab page URL, search engine, home page|
|Distribution||free applications installers, fake update tools, shady popup ads|
|Symptoms||You experience a ton of of unexpected advertisements. When you go to a web-page, you are frequently re-directed to another web page that you do not intend to visit. There is an unexpected program in the ‘App & Features’ section of Windows settings. Unexpected internet browser toolbars in your web-browser. Your web browser home page has replaced and you cannot modify it back.|
|Removal||Mylucky Tab removal guide|
How to remove Mylucky Tab from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Mylucky Tab is a hijacker that you might have difficulty in removing it from your computer. Thankfully, you’ve found the effective removal guide in this blog post. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal solution will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need help then type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your web browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Mylucky Tab, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete Mylucky Tab
- Automatic Removal of Mylucky Tab
- Block Mylucky Tab and other unwanted web-sites
- Finish words
How to manually delete Mylucky Tab
Most common browser hijackers may be uninstalled without any antivirus applications. The manual browser hijacker removal is steps that will teach you how to remove Mylucky Tab redirects. If you do not want to get rid of the browser hijacker in the manually due to the fact that you are not skilled at computer, then you can run free removal tools listed below.
Uninstall Mylucky Tab associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all PUPs, adware software and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (MS Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Delete Mylucky Tab from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Mylucky Tab, malicious add-ons and extensions. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Mylucky Tab browser hijacker. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Mylucky Tab from Google Chrome
If you have hijacker, pop up advertisements problems or Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome can help you. In this tutorial we’ll show you the method to reset your Chrome settings and data to default state without reinstall.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Mylucky Tab redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like newtab page, startpage and search engine had been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser process.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Mylucky Tab
Manual removal tutorial does not always allow to delete browser hijacker completely, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malicious software removal tool to completely get rid of Mylucky Tab off your personal computer. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum way would be to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro.
Run Zemana to remove Mylucky Tab hijacker
If you need a free tool that can easily detect and remove Mylucky Tab browser hijacker and other browser’s malicious addons, then use Zemana. This is a very handy application, which is primarily created to quickly search for and get rid of adware and malicious software infecting web-browsers and changing their settings.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that causes internet browsers to open the tailsearch.com web-page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the scan get finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open a list of detected threats. Next, you need to click “Next”. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Remove Mylucky Tab search from browsers with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic utility to clean your PC system from any undesired programs such as hijacker responsible for Mylucky Tab . The HitmanPro is portable program that meaning, you do not need to install it to run it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button to begin scanning your computer for the browser hijacker responsible for modifying your web browser settings to tailsearch.com. After finished, Hitman Pro will show a list of detected items as shown on the screen below.
You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Delete Mylucky Tab redirect with MalwareBytes
Remove Mylucky Tab hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti Malware which are fully clean your device. Moreover, this free program will allow you to delete malware, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your PC can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is done, please close all programs and open windows on your device. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Free onto your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware program will scan through the whole PC for the hijacker responsible for tailsearch.com redirect. Depending on your PC system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- Once finished, a list of all items detected is prepared.
- When you’re ready, press the “Quarantine” button. After the process is done, you may be prompted to restart the device.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Mylucky Tab and other unwanted web-sites
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and harmful websites, you need to use ad blocking application that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and webpages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Mylucky Tab, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the browser hijacker that causes browsers to show the tailsearch.com webpage. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and unwanted malicious web pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Mylucky Tab from your web browser, then ask for help here.