According to security researchers, VentureSprint is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) the belongs to the Adware family. What does Adware do? Adware is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malicious software’. It is a harmful application which serves unwanted advertisements to computer users. Some examples include pop-up advertisements, various offers and deals or unclosable windows. Adware can be installed onto your MAC via infected webpages, when you open email attachments, anytime you download and install free applications.
Another reason why you need to remove the VentureSprint adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can be used to gather user information about you such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This confidential information, afterwards, may be transferred to third parties.
|Name||VentureSprint, Venture Sprint 1.0 app|
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop ups, pop up advertisements|
|Removal||VentureSprint removal guide|
How does VentureSprint get on your MAC
If you are unfortunate have adware or malware running on your MAC, you can follow the suggestions here to remove VentureSprint ads from your internet browser.
How to remove VentureSprint adware software
The following step-by-step guidance will help you to remove VentureSprint ads from the Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Moreover, the steps below will allow you to get rid of malicious software, hijackers, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars that your MAC system may be infected. Please do the guide step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to close your browser or restart your computer.
To remove VentureSprint, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete VentureSprint
- Automatic Removal of VentureSprint
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
How to manually delete VentureSprint
In this section of the article, we have posted the steps that will allow to remove VentureSprint adware manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this solution loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on the MAC. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and web-browser settings, then it’s better for you to run utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Uninstall VentureSprint related software through the Finder
First, go to the Finder and uninstall suspicious applications, all applications you don’t remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before VentureSprint ads appeared on your web browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Open Finder and click “Applications” like below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your MAC system. We recommend to pay maximum attention to the application you installed last. Most probably, it is the VentureSprint adware. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to remove is found, simply right press on its name, and select “Move to Trash”.
Don’t forget, choose Finder, then “Empty Trash”.
Remove VentureSprint from Google Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. PUPs such as the adware can make changes to your internet browser settings, add toolbars and undesired plugins. By resetting Chrome settings you will get rid of VentureSprint ads and reset unwanted changes caused by adware. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s start page, default search engine and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove VentureSprint from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button similar to the one below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of VentureSprint adware from Safari
If you find that Safari internet browser settings such as newtab, search provider and start page having been changed by the VentureSprint adware, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
Run Safari internet browser. Next, select Preferences from the Safari menu.
First, click the “Security” tab. Here, select “Block pop-up windows”. It will stop some types of pop ups.
Now, click the “Extensions” tab. Look for dubious add-ons on left panel, select it, then click the “Uninstall” button. Most important to remove all suspicious plugins from Safari.
Once complete, check your start page and search provider settings. Click “General” icon. Make sure that the “Homepage” field contains the website you want or is empty.
Make sure that the “Search engine” setting shows your preferred search engine. In some versions of Safari, this setting is in the “Search” tab.
Automatic Removal of VentureSprint
The easiest method to get rid of VentureSprint is to run an antimalware program capable of detecting adware. We suggest try MalwareBytes or another free malicious software remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijacker infections and other potentially unwanted software.
How to remove VentureSprint with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
You can remove VentureSprint adware automatically with a help of MalwareBytes. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of hijacker, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac)
Category: Security tools
Update: July 10, 2018
- Once downloading is done, please close all apps and open windows on your MAC OS. Run the downloaded file. Follow the prompts.
- The MalwareBytes will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) tool will start scanning the whole MAC system to find out the VentureSprint adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will scan for threats present on your MAC.
- After MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning your MAC system, you can check all threats detected on your MAC system.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Remove Selected Items” button.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking application for the Safari, Firefox and Chrome, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of unwanted ads, popunders, pop ups, annoying newtab pages, and even full page advertisements and webpage overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop unwanted web-pages automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
AdGuard for Mac download
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: January 17, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your Apple Mac, AdGuard will start automatically and stop annoying advertisements, block harmful and misleading websites.
To sum up
Once you have finished the step-by-step instructions outlined above, your MAC should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Safari will no longer open the VentureSprint ads when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the VentureSprint adware.