2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-ups are a social engineering attack that tries to force you and other unsuspecting victims into completing an online survey.
When you visit this website, a message appears that you are a winner and you are invited to pick up a big prize. You just need to fill out a survey. After receiving privacy data, scammers can trick you to subscribe to unwanted paid services.
The 2020 Annual Visitor Survey Scam text:
Dear Chrome user
You are today’s lucky visitor for: January 17, 2020
Please complete this short survey and to say “Thank You” we’ll give you a chance to get an Apple iPhone XS!
2020 Annual Visitor Survey
Browser Opinion survey
January 17, 2020
You’ve been personally selected to take part in our 2020 Annual Visitor Survey! Tell us what you think of Chrome and to say “Thank You” you’ll receive a chance to get an Apple iPhone XS!
Question 1 of 4:
How often do you use Chrome ?
Where the 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to 2020 Annual Visitor Survey from suspicious ads or by potentially unwanted programs and adware. Adware software is a part of malicious software. It is developed to bombard you with endless advertisements and popup windows that could potentially be dangerous for your system. If you get adware on your computer, it can alter web browser settings and install harmful browser extensions.
|Name||2020 Annual Visitor Survey|
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop up virus, pop-up advertisements, pop ups|
|Removal||2020 Annual Visitor Survey removal guide|
Instructions which is shown below, will help you to clean your PC from the adware software as well as get rid of 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up advertisements from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge and other web browsers.
How to remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey Scam from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We are presenting various ways to remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop up from the Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox using only internal Microsoft Windows functions. Most of adware and PUPs can be deleted through these processes. If these steps does not help to remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey popup scam, then it is better to run a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey, use the following steps:
- How to get rid of 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups without any software
- How to automatically remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey popup scam
- Stop 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up scam
- To sum up
How to get rid of 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups without any software
The step-by-step instructions will help you manually remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up from the system. If you are not good at computers, we recommend that you use the free utilities listed below.
Remove questionable software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your computer installed applications screen and look for unwanted and dubious software. If there are any programs you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should uninstall them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility such as Zemana Free.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like the one below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown apps.
Remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings like default search engine, startpage and newtab had been changed by adware software that causes 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like the one below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Delete 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam from Firefox
If your Firefox web-browser is redirected to 2020 Annual Visitor Survey without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the 2020 Annual Visitor Survey adware software. When, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam from Chrome
The adware software can modify your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown webpage as your search provider or homepage, additional addons and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome browser will help you to delete 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-ups and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware software. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s homepage, search provider and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey popup scam
The adware software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove fully. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that causes 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-ups in your web browser once again infect your PC system. Moreover, We want to note that it is not always safe to remove adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best way to detect and delete adware software is to use free malicious software removal software.
How to remove 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up with Zemana Free
Zemana highly recommended, because it can search for security threats such adware and malware which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam. During the scan Zemana Free will search for threats exist on your machine.
- After Zemana Free completes the scan, Zemana will display a scan report. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next”. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Delete 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free portable program that scans your PC for adware related to the 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop up, PUPs and browser hijacker infections and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it will also allow you remove any malicious browser extensions and add-ons.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes annoying 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up scam. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- Once that process is done, a list of all items detected is created. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Delete 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
Manual 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop ups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Free that are completely clean your computer of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this task is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guidance or the video guide below.
Stop 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop-up scam
We recommend to install an ad-blocker application that can block 2020 Annual Visitor Survey Scam and other unwanted webpages. The ad blocking tool such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and blocks access to malicious web-sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block 2020 Annual Visitor Survey Scam, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the adware which cause unwanted 2020 Annual Visitor Survey pop up. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired pop up advertisements and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with 2020 Annual Visitor Survey scam related issues, go to here.