If your internet browser suddenly begins displaing Search.gravenday.com when you did not set it as your start page or search engine, then it means that you have a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from Browser hijackers family installed on the machine. A common tactic used by potentially unwanted software makers is to rewrite web-browser’s settings like new tab, default search provider and start page so that the affected internet browser goes to a web-page under the author’s control. In order to search for PUPs, get rid of Search.gravenday.com from your browser, please use the helpful tutorial below.
Search.gravenday.com browser hijacker will change your web-browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent via Search.gravenday.com, that redirections to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that shows the search results for your query. The devs behind this hijacker are using legitimate search provider as they may generate revenue from the advertisements that are shown in the search results.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program such as Search.gravenday.com browser hijacker on your PC. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The hijacker can collect a wide variety of user data that can be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the Search.gravenday.com web site.
|Type||browser hijacker, search engine hijacker, start page hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Search.gravenday.com removal guide|
We strongly suggest that you perform the step-by-step instructions below which will assist you to remove Search.gravenday.com using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
How to remove Search.gravenday.com redirect
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your PC system of hijacker infection. Moreover, you may choose manual or automatic removal solution. If you’re familiar with the system then use manual removal, otherwise run the free antimalware tool created specifically to remove hijacker such as Search.gravenday.com. Of course, you can combine both methods. Some of the steps will require you to restart your PC system or exit this website. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Search.gravenday.com, use the steps below:
- Manual Search.gravenday.com removal
- How to automatically delete Search.gravenday.com
- Stop Search.gravenday.com redirect
- How can you prevent the Search.gravenday.com hijacker infection
- Finish words
Manual Search.gravenday.com removal
Manually removing the Search.gravenday.com home page is also possible, although this approach takes time and technical prowess. You can sometimes identify hijacker infection in your computer’s list of installed software and uninstall it as you would any other unwanted application.
Remove suspicious programs using Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your system and uninstall all unknown and newly installed apps. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malware removal tool like Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your machine. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker that made to redirect your browser to the Search.gravenday.com website. If you’ve many software installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed below.
You will see a list of software installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the browser hijacker which redirects your internet browser to undesired Search.gravenday.com web page. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the application which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as displayed in the following example.
Delete Search.gravenday.com search from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted addons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by a malware.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of hijacker infection that responsible for internet browser redirect to the annoying Search.gravenday.com web site, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as newtab page, search provider and home page to default state.
Remove Search.gravenday.com from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove Search.gravenday.com. If you are still experiencing issues with Search.gravenday.com, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its default state. This step needs to be performed only if hijacker has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Search.gravenday.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox home page or search provider are hijacked by the Search.gravenday.com, your web browser displays unwanted pop up ads, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default state.
How to automatically delete Search.gravenday.com
It’s not enough to get rid of Search.gravenday.com from your browser by completing the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some Search.gravenday.com browser hijacker infection related files may remain on your computer and they will recover the hijacker even after you get rid of it. For that reason we suggest to use free antimalware tool such as Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro. Either of those applications should can scan for and remove hijacker responsible for changing your internet browser settings to Search.gravenday.com.
How to automatically get rid of Search.gravenday.com with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free utility that performs a scan of your personal computer and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your system. If malware is found, Zemana AntiMalware can automatically remove it. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) doesn’t conflict with other anti malware and antivirus software installed on your machine.
- First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the browser hijacker responsible for Search.gravenday.com . A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your machine. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will locate threats present on your system.
- When Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is finished scanning your computer, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will produce a list of unwanted programs and browser hijacker infection.
- When you’re ready, press the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of browser hijacker which cause Search.gravenday.com web-page to appear and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Search.gravenday.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
If the Search.gravenday.com problem persists, run the Hitman Pro and check if your computer is hijacked by hijacker. The Hitman Pro is a downloadable security utility that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove adware, potentially unwanted apps, and other malware. It works with your existing antivirus.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button to begin checking your PC for the hijacker infection that causes internet browsers to show annoying Search.gravenday.com web-site. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
When the scan get finished, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your personal computer.
You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click Next button.
It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Scan and free your personal computer of browser hijacker with MalwareBytes
You can delete Search.gravenday.com automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. We advise this free malware removal utility because it can easily get rid of hijacker infection, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to find hijacker related to Search.gravenday.com startpage. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your computer. While the MalwareBytes Free application is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes will produce a list of unwanted software and hijacker.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Search.gravenday.com redirect
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those unwanted web-sites like Search.gravenday.com using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block unwanted internet browser redirects, advertisements and pop-ups in any modern web-browsers including MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It is named Adguard and it works very well.
Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance like the one below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Search.gravenday.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Search.gravenday.com hijacker infection
Now your PC should be free of the hijacker which changes browser settings to replace your home page, newtab page and search provider by default with Search.gravenday.com web-page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive harmful webpages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijacker infections, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Search.gravenday.com search from your internet browser, then ask for help here.