Spectiocande.info is a web-page which uses social engineering to fool unsuspecting users into registering for its browser notification spam that go directly to the desktop or the browser. This web-site will show the ‘Confirm notifications’ prompt claims that clicking ‘Allow’ button will let the user watch a video, download a file, confirm that you are 18+, connect to the Internet, verify that you are not a robot, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web site, and so on.
Once enabled, the Spectiocande.info spam notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of Windows or Mac randomly and spam you with annoying adverts. The devs behind Spectiocande.info use these push notifications to bypass protection against popups in the web browser and therefore display a huge count of unwanted adverts. These advertisements are used to promote dubious internet browser add-ons, free gifts scams, adware bundles, and adult websites.
To end this intrusive behavior and remove Spectiocande.info spam notifications, you need to change browser settings that got modified by adware. For that, complete the Spectiocande.info removal instructions below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Spectiocande.info popups ads will no longer display on your web browser.
How did you get infected with Spectiocande.info popups
These Spectiocande.info popups are caused by shady advertisements on the web pages you visit or adware. Adware is something which created in order to display third-party advertisements to the user without asking his permission. Adware software takes control of browsers and redirects them to undesired websites such as the Spectiocande.info every time you surf the World Wide Web. Adware can end up on your computer in various ways. Most often is when you download free software and forget to uncheck the box for the third-party apps installation.
Adware commonly comes on the PC system with freeware. In most cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their system has been infected by potentially unwanted applications and adware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your system from adware software and potentially unwanted applications: don’t install any suspicious apps, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation mode, don’t rush to press the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive!
|Name||Spectiocande.info pop up|
|Type||spam notifications ads, pop up virus, popups, popup advertisements|
|Distribution||dubious pop-up advertisements, social engineering attack, potentially unwanted applications, adware softwares|
|Removal||Spectiocande.info removal guide|
If your web browser has been affected with the adware, you must have complete any of the steps below. Once you have removed Spectiocande.info ads from your PC by following our guide below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How to remove Spectiocande.info pop-ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to delete Spectiocande.info ads from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other questionable entries, such as files, programs, browser extensions and shortcuts. However, if you want to delete Spectiocande.info pop-ups easily, you should run reputable anti malware tool and let it do the job for you.
To remove Spectiocande.info pop ups, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove Spectiocande.info
- Uninstall potentially unwanted software through the Windows Control Panel
- Remove Spectiocande.info notifications from web-browsers
- Remove Spectiocande.info advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove Spectiocande.info pop-up advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Remove Spectiocande.info from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- How to automatically remove Spectiocande.info popup advertisements
- How to block Spectiocande.info
- Finish words
How to manually remove Spectiocande.info
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Spectiocande.info pop-ups. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to restore the normal settings of the system and web browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly delete Spectiocande.info pop-up advertisements, as well as perform a full scan of your personal computer, we recommend that you run adware software removal tools, which are listed below.
Uninstall potentially unwanted software through the Windows Control Panel
You can manually remove most nonaggressive adware by removing the application that it came with or removing the adware software itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in MS Windows Control Panel.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Spectiocande.info notifications from web-browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Spectiocande.info web page. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web-browser in MS Windows/Mac/Android. Find your browser in the list below, follow steps to remove web-browser permissions to display browser notification spam.
- In the right upper corner of the browser window, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Spectiocande.info site and remove it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the URL and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the right upper corner of the browser window, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Spectiocande.info site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Spectiocande.info), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top-right corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Spectiocande.info URL so that it turns off.
- In the top-right corner of the browser, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Spectiocande.info and other suspicious URLs under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Spectiocande.info site, other questionable sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Spectiocande.info advertisements from Google Chrome
If you have adware, Spectiocande.info pop-ups problems or Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome can help you. In this instructions we will show you the method to reset your Chrome settings and data to original settings without reinstall.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Spectiocande.info pop-up advertisements from Internet Explorer
If you find that IE internet browser settings such as home page, search provider by default and new tab had been changed by adware software related to the Spectiocande.info ads, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
After the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s default search engine, start page and new tab page to default state.
Remove Spectiocande.info from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Spectiocande.info pop up advertisements, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
How to automatically remove Spectiocande.info popup advertisements
Malware removal tools are pretty useful when you think your computer is affected by adware software. Below we will discover best tools that have the ability to remove adware software and Spectiocande.info popup ads from your PC and web browser.
Automatically remove Spectiocande.info pop up ads with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware is a program which is used for malicious software, adware, hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware utilities. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana Anti-Malware is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your PC system with Zemana in order to remove Spectiocande.info pop-ups from your personal computer.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your machine for the adware software which cause intrusive Spectiocande.info ads. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient.
- After Zemana Free has finished scanning, you can check all threats found on your PC system.
- Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your PC system press the “Next” button. The utility will remove adware which cause pop-ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Spectiocande.info pop-ups
Hitman Pro is a portable program which requires no hard setup to identify and remove adware that causes Spectiocande.info advertisements. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . Hitman Pro utility will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware which cause pop-ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is done, you may check all threats found on your system. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically get rid of Spectiocande.info ads with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
Manual Spectiocande.info pop-up advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes Free that are completely clean your machine of adware. Moreover, the free application will help you to delete malware, PUPs, browser hijacker infections and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all software and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware software which cause pop ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When MalwareBytes has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Free will open a list of all items detected by the scan. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then press “Quarantine Selected”. When the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to block Spectiocande.info
If you browse the Internet, you can’t avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocker application. AdGuard is an ad-blocker which can filter out a lot of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Spectiocande.info, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Now your machine should be free of the adware software that cause pop-ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and annoying harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your system for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijacker infections, malicious software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Spectiocande.info popups from your web browser, then ask for help here.