Security specialists named the Email Helper App a browser hijacker. What is a browser hijacker? Browser hijacker is a browser addon or program that engages in behavior that is unexpected, or that negatively affects the user’s Web surfing experience. Examples include programs that replaces browser’s start page, search engine or other settings of a browser to ones you don’t want.
When the Email Helper App hijacker infection is installed on a personal computer, it can:
- set Email Helper App as search engine, new tab, and homepage;
- prevent users from replacing search engine or homepage address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored web sites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- periodically redirects to questionable web pages;
- show intrusive advertisements;
- gather Net surfing habits and transfer it third party companies.
Often, the system that has been affected by Email Helper App browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that displays lots of various ads. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware software can replace the legitimate ads with malicious ads which will offer to download and install malicious software and undesired apps or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-sites.
|Name||Email Helper App|
|Type||browser hijacker, search provider hijacker, startpage hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Email Helper App removal guide|
So, it’s very important to free your computer of browser hijacker ASAP. The guidance, which is shown below, will help you to remove Email Helper App search from the Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox and other internet browsers.
How to Remove Email Helper App (removal steps)
As with uninstalling adware, malicious software or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the guide, then it should be use malware removal utility, because it should get rid of hijacker and stop any further infection. But to completely get rid of the Email Helper App you will have to at least reset your web browser settings such as new tab page, default search provider and homepage to default state, disinfect internet browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious apps, and delete hijacker with malware removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your internet browser or reboot your system.
To remove Email Helper App, execute the following steps:
- How to remove Email Helper App manually
- How to automatically remove Email Helper App
- Stop Email Helper App redirect
- How was Email Helper App browser hijacker installed on computer
- Finish words
How to remove Email Helper App manually
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Email Helper App from the IE, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox.
Uninstall PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
First, go to Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious software, all programs you don’t remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before Email Helper App browser hijacker infection appeared on your web browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Email Helper App from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by browser hijacker infection and get rid of Email Helper App from startpage, default search engine and newtab page. This will also disable harmful extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s homepage, newtab page and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Email Helper App from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove Email Helper App, malicious add-ons and extensions. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Email Helper App hijacker. When, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Email Helper App search from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” similar to the one below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove Email Helper App
Spyware, adware, potentially unwanted applications and hijackers can be difficult to remove manually. Do not try to delete this software without the aid of malware removal tools. In order to fully remove Email Helper App from your PC system, run professionally created utilities like Zemana, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to remove Email Helper App hijacker
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a malware removal utility created for Windows. This utility will allow you remove Email Helper App browser hijacker, various types of malware (including adware and PUPs) from your PC system. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana Free does its job, your computer will run smoothly.
- Installing the Zemana Free is simple. First you will need to download Zemana on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the hijacker infection that developed to reroute your internet browser to the Email Helper App web-site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. When a malware, adware software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- After Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning your computer, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will remove browser hijacker that causes web browsers to open unwanted Email Helper App web site and move items to the program’s quarantine. When the clean up is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Remove Email Helper App hijacker and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
If Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to run the Hitman Pro. The HitmanPro is a free powerful, professional removal tool for malware, adware software, PUPs, toolbars as well as hijacker infection that causes internet browsers to display intrusive Email Helper App web-site. It completely removes all traces and remnants of the infection.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to run the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that redirects your web-browser to annoying Email Helper App web-site. While the Hitman Pro is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
After Hitman Pro has finished scanning, Hitman Pro will show you the results as on the image below.
Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will get rid of browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to display intrusive Email Helper App web-page and add items to the Quarantine. Once finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your PC system.
How to automatically remove Email Helper App with MalwareBytes Free
Manual Email Helper App start page removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your system of hijacker. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, adware software and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is done, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install MalwareBytes Free on the PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out hijacker infection which alters internet browser settings to replace your start page, new tab page and default search engine with Email Helper App web page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
As the scanning ends, it will open the Scan Results. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free will remove Email Helper App hijacker and other web browser’s harmful extensions and add threats to the Quarantine. Once the clean-up is complete, you can be prompted to restart your computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware.
Stop Email Helper App redirect
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from harmful websites and advertisements by using an ad-blocking program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Email Helper App, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How was Email Helper App browser hijacker installed on computer
Now your PC system should be clean of the hijacker responsible for redirections to Email Helper App. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop ups and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with Email Helper App homepage related issues, go to here.