Is your web browser redirected to Searchmo.xyz web site? This problem can be caused due to unwanted program that belongs to Browser hijackers group. Browser hijacker is a type of malicious software that is designed to change your internet browsers settings. You may experience any of the following behaviors: your homepage, new tab page and search provider is modified to Searchmo.xyz, web-pages load slowly, you see multiple toolbars on the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer that you didn’t install, you get a ton of pop ups.
If your machine has been infected with Searchmo.xyz hijacker infection you will be forced to use its own search provider. It could seem not to be dangerous, but you still should be very careful, since it may display intrusive and harmful advertisements designed to mislead you into buying some questionable software or products, provide search results that may reroute your internet browser to certain deceptive, misleading or malicious web sites. We suggest that you use only the reliable search engine such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Often, the PC which has been infected by Searchmo.xyz hijacker, will be also infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that displays a large count of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web-sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware software can replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertisements that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading web sites.
|Type||browser hijacker, search provider hijacker, start page hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Searchmo.xyz removal guide|
So, it is very important to clean your PC system of browser hijacker infection as soon as possible. The few simple steps, which is shown below, will help you to delete Searchmo.xyz from the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other web-browsers.
How to remove Searchmo.xyz from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge (Redirect virus removal guide)
When a browser hijacker such as the Searchmo.xyz gets installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to delete. In many cases, there is no Uninstall program which simply remove the browser hijacker infection that cause Searchmo.xyz web site to appear from your PC. So, we suggest using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro. But the best solution to remove Searchmo.xyz homepage will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware tools.
To remove Searchmo.xyz, execute the steps below:
- How to remove Searchmo.xyz startpage without any software
- How to delete Searchmo.xyz with free software
- How to stop Searchmo.xyz redirect
- How to Searchmo.xyz hijacker get installed onto machine
- Finish words
How to remove Searchmo.xyz startpage without any software
Steps to remove Searchmo.xyz browser hijacker infection without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guide completely to fully delete this undesired Searchmo.xyz home page.
Delete suspicious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
The main cause of startpage or search provider hijacking could be PUPs, adware software or other undesired programs that you may have unintentionally added on the PC system. You need to identify and uninstall all suspicious programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Searchmo.xyz from Chrome
If you have hijacker infection problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a method to reset your Google Chrome settings to original state without reinstall. This will also help to get rid of Searchmo.xyz from search provider by default, new tab page and home page.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed in the figure below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Searchmo.xyz search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser newtab, search provider and homepage you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker responsible for redirections to Searchmo.xyz, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, search provider by default and newtab to default state.
Delete Searchmo.xyz home page from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted search engine and startpage such as Searchmo.xyz, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page similar to the one below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Searchmo.xyz browser hijacker. After, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
How to delete Searchmo.xyz with free software
If your computer is still infected with the Searchmo.xyz browser hijacker infection, then the best solution of detection and removal is to run an anti-malware scan on the PC. Download free malware removal tools below and start a full system scan. It will allow you delete all components of the hijacker from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana Free to get rid of Searchmo.xyz redirect
If you need a free tool that can easily detect and remove browser hijacker that cause a redirect to Searchmo.xyz web site, then use Zemana. This is a very handy application, which is primarily developed to quickly find and remove adware and malware hijacking web browsers and modifying their settings.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana AntiMalware. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free setup on your PC system.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is finished, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will launch automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti Malware, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to get rid of Searchmo.xyz startpage from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana AntiMalware, you’ll see a window like below, just press ‘Scan’ button to find browser hijacker infection.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your personal computer.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is done scanning your machine, you can check all threats detected on your PC system. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your system click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot computer in order to complete the Searchmo.xyz search removal process.
- If you want to permanently remove browser hijacker from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your personal computer to complete the browser hijacker infection removal procedure.
Scan and free your computer of browser hijacker infection with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove browser hijacker infections, adware, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Next” button to look for hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Searchmo.xyz web-site. When a malicious software, adware software or potentially unwanted applications are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the system scan is finished, HitmanPro will prepare a list of unwanted apps and hijacker. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your machine click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to remove Searchmo.xyz with MalwareBytes
Manual Searchmo.xyz search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) that are completely clean your machine of hijacker. Moreover, this free application will help you to remove malware, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After the download is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your personal computer for the hijacker that cause Searchmo.xyz website to appear. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will show a list of found threats. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your PC press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes will remove hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Searchmo.xyz web page and add threats to the Quarantine. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to delete adware, browser hijacker infection and other malicious software.
How to stop Searchmo.xyz redirect
We advise to install an ad-blocking program which can stop Searchmo.xyz and other intrusive web-pages. The ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard is a application that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and stops access to malicious websites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Searchmo.xyz, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How to Searchmo.xyz hijacker get installed onto machine
Now your personal computer should be free of the hijacker that responsible for web browser reroute to the unwanted Searchmo.xyz web page. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your system for new hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired popups and malicious webpages). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted apps.
If you need more help with Searchmo.xyz related issues, go to here.