Q. Your Photo Editor takes control of Google Chrome now and I can’t use my web-browser smoothly, please help! Is there any effective method to remove Your Photo Editor from my computer?
A. Experienced security experts named the Your Photo Editor a browser hijacker infection. It can make changes to the web browser’s startpage, newtab page and search engine. If you want to get more information about the browser hijacker and know how to completely delete Your Photo Editor from your web browser, please read through this post.
If your machine is affected with Your Photo Editor browser hijacker, every time you run your browser you will see this website. Of course you may setup your home page again, but next time you start a internet browser you’ll see that Your Photo Editor return. As mentioned above, the hijacker infection can change the default search engine on this intrusive web-site too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to Your Photo Editor. Thus the authors of the hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to unwanted web pages.
|Name||Your Photo Editor|
|Type||browser hijacker, search provider hijacker, start page hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Your Photo Editor removal guide|
So, it’s very important to free your PC system of browser hijacker infection as soon as possible. The steps, which is shown below, will allow you to delete Your Photo Editor from the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
How to Remove Your Photo Editor from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge(removal steps)
If you have undesired start page or search provider, consistent popups or ads, slow computer, crashing PC issues, you are in need of hijacker removal assistance. The step-by-step tutorial below will guide you forward to get Your Photo Editor removed and will assist you get your personal computer operating at peak capacity again.
To remove Your Photo Editor, use the steps below:
- How to delete Your Photo Editor homepage without any software
- How to get rid of Your Photo Editor with freeware
- Run AdBlocker to block Your Photo Editor and stay safe online
- How does your personal computer get infected with Your Photo Editor hijacker
- Finish words
How to delete Your Photo Editor homepage without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Your Photo Editor redirect from the Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, adware software and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Microsoft Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all questionable and unknown programs. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you’ve found anything dubious that may be the browser hijacker infection related to Your Photo Editor home page or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your system.
Get rid of Your Photo Editor redirect from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like default search provider, newtab and startpage to their original settings. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Your Photo Editor hijacker infection. After, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Your Photo Editor from Chrome
If you have hijacker, pop-up ads problems or Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome can help you. In this guide we’ll show you the method to reset your Chrome settings and data to default state without reinstall.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Your Photo Editor start page from Internet Explorer
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
After the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s home page, newtab page and search engine to default state.
How to get rid of Your Photo Editor with freeware
Spyware, adware, potentially unwanted programs and hijackers can be difficult to remove manually. Do not try to remove this software without the aid of malware removal utilities. In order to fully get rid of Your Photo Editor from your system, use professionally created tools such as Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro.
Automatically remove Your Photo Editor home page with Zemana AntiMalware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware that are completely clean your system of the hijacker. The tool is an advanced malware removal application designed by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you delete PUPs, hijackers, adware, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed in the figure below.
When the setup starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Zemana on your machine.
Once setup is finished, you will see window as shown below.
Now press the “Scan” button to locate browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Your Photo Editor. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Free will look for threats exist on your computer.
When the scan get finished, Zemana Free will prepare a list of undesired programs adware. Review the report and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will start to get rid of hijacker which cause a redirect to Your Photo Editor web-page.
Scan your personal computer and remove Your Photo Editor with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can scan your computer for a wide range of security threats such as adware, malware, PUPs as well as hijacker infection that changes web-browser settings to replace your new tab, default search provider and startpage with Your Photo Editor web page. It will perform a deep scan of your PC system including hard drives and Microsoft Windows registry. When a malware is detected, it will allow you to remove all found threats from your personal computer by a simple click.
- Download Hitman Pro on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that redirects your web-browser to unwanted Your Photo Editor web-site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer.
- Once the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted programs adware software. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove hijacker
Remove Your Photo Editor hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the MalwareBytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once downloading is done, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the browser hijacker which redirects your web browser to intrusive Your Photo Editor website. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will search for threats exist on your computer.
- After MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) completes the scan, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will open a scan report. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your personal computer press “Quarantine Selected”. After the process is done, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Run AdBlocker to block Your Photo Editor and stay safe online
Running an ad-blocker application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocking applications will also protect you from harmful advertisements and webpages, and, of course, block redirection chain to Your Photo Editor and similar web pages.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Your Photo Editor, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your personal computer get infected with Your Photo Editor hijacker
After completing the guidance shown above, your computer should be clean from this hijacker and other malware. The Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox will no longer display intrusive Your Photo Editor website on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Your Photo Editor .