Q. I’ve been getting Gelacrabuld.info pop-ups on my internet browser, for the past few days. This picture below is one of them. I have tried Windows Defender, and cannot seem to delete it. I’ve Windows 10. Any hints?
A. Did it occur after installing any new software? What were you doing before these pop-ups first occurred? Sounds like you have possibly encountered an adware issue. The fix for that issue is ‘reset web-browser settings’ and use adware removal utilities.
If you get Adware on your machine, it can modify the web browser settings, install malicious extensions, show annoying advertisements and pop ups within the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox screen. It’s important, don’t click on these advertisements, as they can lead you to more malicious or misleading websites. The best option is to use the steps posted below to free your system of adware and thereby remove Gelacrabuld.info popups.
When adware software hijacks your PC system, it might carry out various harmful tasks. It can analyze the location and which Internet web pages you visit, and then show advertisements to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware developers can gather and sell your surfing information and behavior to third parties.
We strongly suggest that you perform the steps below which will help you to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop-ups using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
How to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop ups, ads, notifications
According to cyber security specialists, Gelacrabuld.info pop up ads removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These utilities that are listed below will help you get rid of adware software, malicious browser addons, malicious software and potentially unwanted apps . However, if you’re not willing to install other applications to delete Gelacrabuld.info popup ads, then use tutorial listed below to revert back your system settings to their previous states.
To remove Gelacrabuld.info pop-ups, use the following steps:
- How to manually delete Gelacrabuld.info
- How to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop ups automatically
- How to stop Gelacrabuld.info popups
- Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by adware?
- To sum up
How to manually delete Gelacrabuld.info
The adware can alter your web browser settings and reroute you to the sites which may contain countless advertisements or various security threats, like hijacker, malware or potentially unwanted software. Not every antivirus program can detect and get rid of adware easily from your PC. Follow the step-by-step instructions below and you can get rid of Gelacrabuld.info pop up ads by yourself.
Uninstall adware software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to delete potentially unwanted applications like this adware software, open the Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed software. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, browser hijacker or potentially unwanted software. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a programs that you do not use, then deleting them off will increase your PC start up time and speed dramatically.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of Gelacrabuld.info ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your internet browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware responsible for Gelacrabuld.info pop ups.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
After the procedure is done, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, start page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Gelacrabuld.info pop ups from Google Chrome
If you are getting Gelacrabuld.info advertisements, then you can try to remove it by resetting Google Chrome to its original settings. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First launch the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web browser’s search provider, startpage and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Gelacrabuld.info from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Gelacrabuld.info without your permission or an unknown search provider opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Gelacrabuld.info adware. When, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop ups automatically
Anti-Malware software differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We suggest you use the following free apps: Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can scan for the adware software and remove Gelacrabuld.info advertisements from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Automatically remove Gelacrabuld.info popup ads with Zemana AntiMalware
Download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop-ups automatically from all of your browsers. This is a freeware tool specially designed for malicious software removal. This tool can remove adware, browser hijacker from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
Download Zemana Free on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as on the image below.
When the install starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your machine.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software that causes annoying Gelacrabuld.info popup ads. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) program is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When the system scan is finished, a list of all threats detected is produced. When you’re ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will get rid of adware responsible for redirecting your browser to the Gelacrabuld.info page and add items to the Quarantine.
Scan and clean your computer of adware with Hitman Pro
In order to make sure that no more harmful folders and files linked to adware software are inside your computer, you must run another effective malicious software scanner. We recommend to use Hitman Pro. No installation is necessary with this utility.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software responsible for Gelacrabuld.info pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. When finished, you will be displayed the list of all detected items on your PC system as displayed on the image below.
Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your computer click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Gelacrabuld.info pop up ads
If you are still having problems with the Gelacrabuld.info pop ups — or just wish to check your machine occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. It is free for home use, and searches for and removes various unwanted programs that attacks your computer or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can remove adware software, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free application will scan through the whole machine for the adware software that causes web browsers to open annoying Gelacrabuld.info pop-up ads. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the scan get completed, you’ll be opened the list of all found items on your personal computer.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Gelacrabuld.info popups
Running an adblocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocking software will also protect you from harmful advertisements and web sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Gelacrabuld.info and similar sites.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block Gelacrabuld.info, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by adware?
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the adware that causes web-browsers to open intrusive Gelacrabuld.info popup advertisements. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive pop-up advertisements and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted apps.
If you need more help with Gelacrabuld.info advertisements related issues, go to here.