Is your web browser re-directed to Search.htodayonlinenews.org web-page? This problem may be caused due to potentially unwanted software from Browser hijackers family. Browser hijacker is a type of software which is created to alter your certain settings of installed browsers. You may experience any of the following behaviors: your default search engine, new tab page and home page is modified to Search.htodayonlinenews.org, websites load slowly, you see multiple toolbars on the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE which you didn’t install, you get a ton of pop up ads.
The hijacker can also set up the Search.htodayonlinenews.org web-site as the Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox default search provider that cause search redirects via the page. In this way, developers of the hijacker have an opportunity to display various advertisements together with the search results for your query. These intrusive advertisements will be summarized in the redirected site. This can bring lots of profit for developers of the hijacker.
While the Search.htodayonlinenews.org hijacker is active, you won’t be able to return the Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE’ settings such as new tab, search provider by default and startpage. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Search.htodayonlinenews.org you can have problems with the Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE, undesired advertisements and even confidential data theft.
We strongly recommend you to complete the few simple steps which follow below. We’ll show you how to delete browser hijacker and thereby remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect from your Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer forever.
How to remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Without a doubt, the hijacker is harmful to your PC. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malware. To remove this browser hijacker, you can use the manual removal tutorial which are given below or free malware removal utility such as Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro (all are free). We advise you use automatic removal method which will help you to remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC or in the case where browser hijacker infection is not removed automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org, perform the following steps:
- How to remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect without any software
- How to delete Search.htodayonlinenews.org automatically with free software
- Use AdBlocker to stop Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect and stay safe online
- How to prevent browser hijacker from getting inside your PC
- Finish words
How to remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect without any software
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to remove the Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect from the IE, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome internet browsers.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the application that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org startpage from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings such as new tab, search provider by default and homepage had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset internet browser process.
First, launch the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome browser is re-directed to annoying Search.htodayonlinenews.org page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default state.
First launch the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The browser will show the settings screen. Another way to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the screen below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as displayed below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will run the procedure of cleaning. Once it is done, the internet browser’s settings including newtab, default search engine and home page back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of Search.htodayonlinenews.org from Firefox
This step will allow you get rid of Search.htodayonlinenews.org, third-party toolbars, disable harmful addons and restore your default startpage, new tab and search provider settings.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Search.htodayonlinenews.org browser hijacker infection. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
How to delete Search.htodayonlinenews.org automatically with free software
After completing the manual removal guide above all unwanted programs and internet browser’s plugins that causes web-browser redirects to the Search.htodayonlinenews.org website should be removed. If the problem with Search.htodayonlinenews.org browser hijacker infection is still remained, then we suggest to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free browser hijacker removal programs below.
Run Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Search.htodayonlinenews.org home page
Zemana Free is a lightweight utility that created to run alongside your antivirus software, detecting and uninstalling malware, adware software and PUPs that other programs miss. Zemana is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Free for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that causes web-browsers to open unwanted Search.htodayonlinenews.org web-page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) completes the scan, Zemana Free will show a list of detected threats.
- Review the scan results and then press the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to display intrusive Search.htodayonlinenews.org web site and add items to the Quarantine. When the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Search.htodayonlinenews.org browser hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility which can scan for hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Search.htodayonlinenews.org. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk applications that your PC might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will look for the adware, browser hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the utility is started, you will see a screen as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole PC system for the browser hijacker responsible for Search.htodayonlinenews.org home page. Depending on your PC system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When finished, Hitman Pro will open a list of found items as displayed on the image below.
Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use MalwareBytes to get rid of browser hijacker infection
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free. You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to detect and get rid of Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect from your personal computer. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically searches for and removes all threats exist on the system.
- Download MalwareBytes from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once the downloading process is done, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the browser hijacker which reroutes your browser to annoying Search.htodayonlinenews.org webpage. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the system scan is finished, a list of all threats found is prepared. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Quarantine Selected”. After the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Use AdBlocker to stop Search.htodayonlinenews.org redirect and stay safe online
It’s important to use ad blocking software like AdGuard to protect your computer from malicious webpages. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Search.htodayonlinenews.org and other intrusive web-sites.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Search.htodayonlinenews.org, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to prevent browser hijacker from getting inside your PC
The Search.htodayonlinenews.org like other PUPs can get installed to your web browser or personal computer when you visit a webpage and click an Install button, or when you download and run a questionable program, or when you install freeware that includes a PUP (potentially unwanted program). Be very attentive when installing any software and make sure you deselect any options for third-party programs that you do not want.
After completing the step-by-step guidance shown above, your machine should be clean from this browser hijacker and other malware. The Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer will no longer open unwanted Search.htodayonlinenews.org web site on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Search.htodayonlinenews.org homepage.