What is Doc001.exe? Cyber threat analysts has determined that Doc001.exe is a malicious software (computer virus). It can change Windows OS and web browsers settings, download and install other malware, ad-supported software and potentially unwanted apps. Moreover, this virus may give a remote access to your system and use your PC’s resources to generate crypto currency. It will make your PC system run very slow. On current date, the Doc001.exe virus continues to increase the number of machines which have been infected.
While the Doc001.exe virus is active, you won’t be able to return your system settings. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Doc001.exe virus you can have problems with your personal computer and browsers, unwanted advertisements and even personal information theft.
In many cases, the Doc001.exe virus come bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find a bundled malware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, choose the Custom or Advanced setup method. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install third-party programs.
We recommend you to remove Doc001.exe virus and free your computer of any malware as soon as possible, until the presence of this virus has not led to even worse consequences. Use the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to completely delete Doc001.exe virus, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove Doc001.exe virus
There are several steps to removing Doc001.exe virus, because it installs itself so deeply into Windows. You need to delete all suspicious and unknown applications, then reset your browser settings to get rid of any changes Doc001.exe virus has made. Finally, you need to check your PC with Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro to ensure this virus is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Doc001.exe virus, execute the steps below:
- Delete suspicious software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Doc001.exe virus with Zemana
- Doc001.exe virus removal with HitmanPro
- Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to delete Doc001.exe virus
- Remove Doc001.exe from Chrome
- Remove Doc001.exe virus from Firefox
- Remove Doc001.exe virus from Internet Explorer
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Delete suspicious software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, ad supported software and virus can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs utility which can be found in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Doc001.exe virus with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free program for MS Windows operating system to detect and remove potentially unwanted programs, ad-supported software, malicious browser plugins, browser toolbars, and other unwanted applications like the Doc001.exe virus and other security threats, installed on your computer.
Download Zemana AntiMalware by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, run the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you may see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the Doc001.exe virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and potentially unwanted applications. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once the scan get completed, Zemana AntiMalware will open you the results. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will delete Doc001.exe related files, folders and registry keys and add items to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
Doc001.exe virus removal with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive methods to remove Doc001.exe virus, adware, PUPs and other malicious applications. Hitman Pro will delete all the unwanted programs such as ad supported software and browser hijackers at zero cost.
Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is finished, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to begin checking your computer for the Doc001.exe virus and other malware and potentially unwanted applications. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
As the scanning ends, you may check all threats detected on your system as on the image below.
In order to delete all threats, simply press “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will delete Doc001.exe virus and other security threats. When the task is complete, the utility may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to delete Doc001.exe virus
If you’re having issues with the Doc001.exe removal or just wish to check your computer occasionally for malware, then download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. It’s free for home use, and detects and deletes various unwanted software that attacks your computer or degrades machine performance. MalwareBytes Free can remove adware, potentially unwanted software as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Doc001.exe virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and PUPs. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the scan get finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Doc001.exe from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings to delete changes to browser settings created by Doc001.exe virus. If you are still experiencing issues with malware, you need to reset Chrome browser to its original settings. This step needs to be performed only if virus has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Doc001.exe virus from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox browser settings are changed by the Doc001.exe virus and you want to recover the settings back to their original settings, then you should follow the steps below. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Doc001.exe virus from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Doc001.exe virus.
First, start the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to stay safe online
If you surf the Net, you cannot avoid malvertising. But you can protect your web browser against it. Download and use an ad-blocker program. AdGuard is an ad-blocking that can filter out a ton of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your system should be free of the Doc001.exe virus. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and other security threats) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired pop up ads and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent any malware, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted software.
If you need more help with Doc001.exe related issues, go to here.