Maybe you haven’t heard of the Walmart Rewards Event scam. But when you surf the Net, lots of the Walmart Rewards Event pop-ups are shown. And these misleading pop up ads can appear again and again, even you close them. This might be a sign that your web-browser has been infected with a nasty malicious software from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
The adware have a negative impact on the functioning of your PC system. The main function of ad supported software is to display a ton of ads, so it may reroute your browser to an intrusive site like Walmart Rewards Event scam, instead of the one that you want to visit. Also, the adware alters computer settings, slows down the Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and the speed of your internet connection.
The ad supported software that causes multiple Walmart Rewards Event popups, may insert lots of advertisements directly to the web-pages that you visit, creating a sense that the ads have been added by the authors of the web site. Moreover, legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious programs.
Adware can install a component which enables its developer to track which pages you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to choose the type of ads they show you. So, if you had ad-supported software on your machine, there is a good chance you have another that is collecting and sharing your confidential information with third parties, without your knowledge.
The adware usually affects only the MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious add-ons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the PC for web browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission.
We strongly recommend that you perform the step-by-step instructions below that will help you to remove Walmart Rewards Event pop-up scam using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
How to remove Walmart Rewards Event pop-up scam
Not all unwanted software such as adware that causes internet browsers to display the Walmart Rewards Event popup scam are easily uninstallable. You might see pop-ups, deals, text links, in-text ads, banners and other type of advertisements in the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted applications neither appear in Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully delete Walmart Rewards Event scam, you need to complete the steps below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your computer.
To remove Walmart Rewards Event, use the following steps:
- How to manually remove Walmart Rewards Event
- Scan your computer and delete Walmart Rewards Event pop up scam with free utilities
- Use AdBlocker to block Walmart Rewards Event scam
- How did Walmart Rewards Event scam get on your PC
- To sum up
How to manually remove Walmart Rewards Event
Most common ad-supported software may be removed without any antivirus apps. The manual ad-supported software removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the Walmart Rewards Event pop-ups.
Delete adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your system and uninstall all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the screen below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your system. Most likely, one of them is the adware that cause Walmart Rewards Event pop-up scam to appear. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the ad supported software that causes browsers to display the Walmart Rewards Event popups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ like below.
Delete Walmart Rewards Event pop up from Firefox
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as startpage, search provider and newtab to their default state. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their original state.
Delete Walmart Rewards Event pop-up from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings had been changed by adware that causes multiple Walmart Rewards Event popups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware that shows Walmart Rewards Event popup on your PC system, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as default search engine, newtab and startpage to default state.
Remove Walmart Rewards Event pop up scam from Chrome
If you are getting Walmart Rewards Event scam, then you can try to delete it by resetting Google Chrome to its original settings. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Scan your computer and delete Walmart Rewards Event pop up scam with free utilities
If you are unsure how to delete Walmart Rewards Event pop ups easily, consider using automatic ad supported software removal software which listed below. It will identify the adware that causes internet browsers to show the Walmart Rewards Event popup and remove it from your computer for free.
Use Zemana to delete Walmart Rewards Event
Zemana Free is a tool which can remove adware, PUPs, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana AntiMalware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC system resources.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad supported software which causes Walmart Rewards Event popup on your web-browser. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After Zemana Free has completed scanning, Zemana will display a list of detected threats. Next, you need to click “Next”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Walmart Rewards Event pop up from browser
Hitman Pro will help remove ad supported software that causes internet browsers to show the Walmart Rewards Event popup scam that slow down your PC system. The browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted software slow your browser down and try to trick you into clicking on suspicious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your PC without Walmart Rewards Event popup scam.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button to scan for adware that cause Walmart Rewards Event scam to appear. While the HitmanPro tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the system scan is finished, HitmanPro will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically delete Walmart Rewards Event pop-up scam with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine of the ad supported software. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of unwanted Walmart Rewards Event scam from your browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for the adware which displays Walmart Rewards Event pop up on your computer.
- When MalwareBytes has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Free will display a list of all threats detected by the scan. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijacker infections, ad supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdBlocker to block Walmart Rewards Event scam
If you want to remove annoying ads, browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard. It can block Walmart Rewards Event scam, unwanted advertisements and popups and stop web pages from tracking your online activities when using the IE, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like surf the World Wide Web, but you don’t like annoying ads and want to protect your computer from malicious web-sites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop up advertisements, Walmart Rewards Event pop-up scam, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How did Walmart Rewards Event scam get on your PC
The ad-supported software is usually gets onto personal computer by being attached to free programs and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC system. This happens especially when you’re installing a free applications. The program setup file tricks you into accepting the setup of third-party software, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid programs can also install optional software which you don’t want! Therefore, always download freeware and paid apps from reputable download web-sites. Use ONLY custom or manual install method and never blindly click Next button.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the adware that causes web browsers to open the Walmart Rewards Event scam. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup advertisements and intrusive harmful web pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new ad-supported softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Walmart Rewards Event pop-ups from the IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge, then ask for help here here.