Every time, when you surf the World Wide Web with your internet browser the Site-secure.site pop-up ads keeps annoying you? Then most probably that you’re a victim of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware can end up on your computer in various ways. In most cases is when you download and install free applications and forget to uncheck the box for the third-party applications installation. Don’t panic because we have got the solution. Here’s a guide on how to get rid of intrusive Site-secure.site pop up ads from the Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox and other web-browsers.
The adware that causes lots of unwanted Site-secure.site pop-up ads, may inject a large count of ads directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners have been added by the authors of the webpage. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful apps.
The worst is, the adware be able to gather personal info (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
The guidance below explaining steps to remove Site-secure.site pop ups problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the ad-supported software that may attack Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome and other popular browsers. The step-by-step guidance will help you delete adware and thereby clean your internet browser from all annoying ads.
Remove Site-secure.site pop-ups
There are a few methods that can be used to remove Site-secure.site pop-up advertisements. But, not all potentially unwanted applications such as this adware can be completely deleted using only manual solutions. In most cases you are not able to uninstall any adware using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to get rid of Site-secure.site pop-up ads you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal utilities. Most security researchers states that Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro tools are a right choice. These free applications are able to search for and delete Site-secure.site popup advertisements from your PC and return your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove Site-secure.site, perform the steps below:
- Get rid of Site-secure.site popups without any utilities
- How to automatically remove Site-secure.site pop-up ads
- Block Site-secure.site redirect and other annoying web sites
- How did you get infected with Site-secure.site advertisements
- Finish words
Get rid of Site-secure.site popups without any utilities
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Site-secure.site pop up ads from the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
Removing the Site-secure.site, check the list of installed apps first
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertisements or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all dubious and unknown software. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you’ve found anything suspicious that may be the adware that cause undesired Site-secure.site popups to appear or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your computer.
Get rid of Site-secure.site pop-ups from Firefox
The Firefox reset will remove redirections to undesired Site-secure.site web-page, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Site-secure.site redirect from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad-supported software related to Site-secure.site redirect.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Site-secure.site pop-up ads from Google Chrome
If you have ad-supported software problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a way to reset your Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also allow to remove Site-secure.site ads from your browser.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove Site-secure.site pop-up ads
Manual removal guidance does not always allow to completely remove the ad supported software, as it is not easy to identify and remove components of ad supported software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you run malware removal tool to completely delete Site-secure.site off your internet browser. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum solution would be to use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of Site-secure.site
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This antimalware utility will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry keys and files in your PC system along with the system settings and internet browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software or harmful addon that is responsible for Site-secure.site popup ads then the Zemana will delete them from your machine completely.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the adware responsible for redirections to Site-secure.site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When the scan is done, you can check all items detected on your computer. You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next”. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
Remove Site-secure.site pop-up ads from browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro will help remove adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to Site-secure.site page that slow down your personal computer. The hijacker infections, adware and other potentially unwanted applications slow your web browser down and try to force you into clicking on shady advertisements and links. Hitman Pro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your machine without Site-secure.site popup advertisements.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software which made to reroute your internet browser to various ad web-pages like Site-secure.site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the Hitman Pro application is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will show a list of detected threats. When you’re ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Site-secure.site pop up ads with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to search for adware and thereby remove Site-secure.site pop ups from your web browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the PC.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to scan for adware that causes undesired Site-secure.site popup advertisements. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes will open a list of all items found by the scan. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected”. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
Block Site-secure.site redirect and other annoying web sites
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertisements and harmful websites, you need to use ad-blocking program that stops an access to harmful ads and websites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, web-sites like Site-secure.site, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Site-secure.site advertisements
Many programs created to display tons of unwanted ads within your computer’s browser. So, when you installing free applications, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for optional programs that are being installed, because certain of the software are PUPs like this adware which developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad webpages such as Site-secure.site.
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps shown above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox will no longer display unwanted Site-secure.site page when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Site-secure.site popup advertisements.