What is Trojan.GenericKD? Cyber security experts has determined that Trojan.GenericKD is a trojan (malware). In many cases, the Trojan.GenericKD virus come bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled malicious software. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, select the Custom or Advanced setup mode. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional apps.
If you still are not sure that your system is affected with malware, then check your machine for the common symptoms of this infection:
- your web browser shows advertisements where previously you have never seen;
- Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer displays a large amount of unwanted ads;
- internet browser settings such as startpage and search engine are hijacked;
- your antivirus detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
The Trojan.GenericKD virus can gather your Web browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, web browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal info theft. This is another reason why this virus should be removed ASAP.
We strongly suggest that you perform the few simple steps below that will allow you to delete Trojan.GenericKD virus using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
How to remove Trojan.GenericKD from computer
The Trojan.GenericKD virus is a malware that you might have difficulty in deleting it from your PC. Thankfully, you have found the effective removal guide in this article. Both the manual removal way and the automatic removal way will be provided below. If you have any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or restart your PC.
To remove Trojan.GenericKD, execute the following steps:
- Removing the Trojan.GenericKD, check the list of installed programs first
- Automatically delete Trojan.GenericKD virus with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
- Scan and free your system of virus with Hitman Pro
- Scan and clean your PC system of virus with Malwarebytes
- Delete Trojan.GenericKD virus from Google Chrome
- Delete Trojan.GenericKD virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of Trojan.GenericKD virus from Internet Explorer
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Removing the Trojan.GenericKD, check the list of installed programs first
Some applications are free only because their installer contains a virus like the Trojan.GenericKD. This unwanted programs generates revenue for the authors when it is installed. Some malicious software can be removed by simply uninstalling them from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Microsoft Windows control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all dubious and unknown applications. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the Trojan.GenericKD and other kinds of potential threats such as malicious software or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Automatically delete Trojan.GenericKD virus with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
You can remove Trojan.GenericKD virus automatically with a help of Zemana AntiMalware. We advise this malware removal tool because it can easily remove viruses, potentially unwanted software, ad supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Now you can install and run Zemana to get rid of Trojan.GenericKD from your browser by following the steps below:
Click the link below to download Zemana Free installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC system. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Launch the install package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this utility on your personal computer.
During setup you can change some settings, but we recommend you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malicious software removal tool will automatically launch and update itself. You will see its main window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC for the Trojan.GenericKD virus and other malware and PUPs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana Free is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
When that process is finished, Zemana will prepare a list of undesired applications, adware. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will delete Trojan.GenericKD virus related files, folders and registry keys and add items to the Quarantine. When the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer to make the change take effect.
Remove Trojan.GenericKD with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool. It removes PUPs, ad supported software, hijacker infections and unwanted browser extensions. It will identify and get rid of virus related files, folders and registry keys. HitmanPro uses very small system resources and is a portable program. Moreover, HitmanPro does add another layer of malware protection.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Further, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Trojan.GenericKD virus and other kinds of potential threats like malware and PUPs. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When HitmanPro has completed scanning, you’ll be opened the list of all found threats on your computer as on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Trojan.GenericKD virus with Malwarebytes
Delete Trojan.GenericKD virus manually is difficult and often this virus is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that your system can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the Trojan.GenericKD virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted programs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once that process is finished, you can check all threats detected on your computer.
- Review the report and then press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Delete Trojan.GenericKD virus from Google Chrome
If you have malicious software problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a solution to reset your Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also help to remove changes to browser settings created by Trojan.GenericKD virus.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Trojan.GenericKD virus from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox browser settings are affected by the Trojan.GenericKD virus, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their original settings.
Get rid of Trojan.GenericKD virus from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Trojan.GenericKD .
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete virus related files, folders and registry keys, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as new tab page, search provider by default and startpage to default state.
How to stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an adblocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all intrusive web-pages, advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the adblocker application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the webpages you are visiting.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as shown on the screen below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block unwanted popup ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the Trojan.GenericKD . We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your system for new malicious software and other security threats) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired pop-ups and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any malware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Trojan.GenericKD virus related issues, go to here.