The Easy Coupon Finder is classified as browser hijacker (sometimes called hijackware). It affects internet browsers and imposes changes to its settings like newtab page, default search provider and start page. It is currently very active spreading on the Web. Many users have problems with cleaning a machine from Easy Coupon Finder and restoring the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge settings.
Besides the fact that Easy Coupon Finder browser hijacker infection rewrites your home page, this unwanted web site can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a ton of ads, links to unwanted and ad web-pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers.
Moreover, the Easy Coupon Finder hijacker infection can collect a wide variety of your confidential information. This privacy data, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of privacy info about you.
Some browser hijackers also contain adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) that be able to display undesired advertisements or gather lots of personal data about you that can be sold to third party companies. These undesired advertisements can be shown in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page ads.
It is important, don’t use Easy Coupon Finder and do not click on advertisements placed on it. The best option is to use the guidance posted below to clean your computer of browser hijacker, remove the Easy Coupon Finder , and thus return your previous home page and search provider.
How to remove Easy Coupon Finder from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a few methods that can be used to get rid of Easy Coupon Finder. But, not all potentially unwanted applications like this browser hijacker can be completely uninstalled using only manual solutions. Most often you’re not able to remove any browser hijacker infection utilizing standard MS Windows options. In order to remove Easy Coupon Finder you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most experienced security professionals states that Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro tools are a right choice. These free programs are able to search for and remove Easy Coupon Finder from your computer and restore your browser settings to defaults.
To remove Easy Coupon Finder, follow the steps below:
- How to remove Easy Coupon Finder without any software
- Scan your PC and get rid of Easy Coupon Finder with free utilities
- Block Easy Coupon Finder and other undesired webpages
- Tips to prevent Easy Coupon Finder and other unwanted applications
- Finish words
How to remove Easy Coupon Finder without any software
Steps to delete Easy Coupon Finder browser hijacker infection without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step instructions completely to fully get rid of this undesired Easy Coupon Finder search.
Delete potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your computer and remove all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti-malware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of Easy Coupon Finder search from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted search engine and start page like Easy Coupon Finder, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Easy Coupon Finder webpage. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Easy Coupon Finder from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as startpage, new tab and default search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser hijacks such as Easy Coupon Finder.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The internet browser will display the settings screen. Another solution to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as displayed below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will launch the task of cleaning. When it is finished, the internet browser’s settings including homepage, newtab and default search engine back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove Easy Coupon Finder from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker such as Easy Coupon Finder.
First, launch the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Scan your PC and get rid of Easy Coupon Finder with free utilities
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely get rid of hijacker infection from the infected PC. So, we recommend to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker removal programs below.
Automatically get rid of Easy Coupon Finder redirect with Zemana Free
You can download and use the Zemana Free for free. This anti-malware utility will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry keys and files in your computer along with the system settings and browser plugins. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious addon that is causing reroute to Easy Coupon Finder web page then the Zemana Free will get rid of them from your machine completely.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker which reroutes your browser to undesired Easy Coupon Finder web-site. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your machine click “Next”. After the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
Delete Easy Coupon Finder start page from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove hijackers, adware, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your machine. You can use this tool to look for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Download Hitman Pro from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button to begin checking your system for the browser hijacker infection which cause Easy Coupon Finder website to appear. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan HitmanPro will search for threats exist on your PC.
- When finished, Hitman Pro will open a list of all threats detected by the scan. When you are ready, click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and clean your PC system of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malware removal application designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of hijacker infections, PUPs, malicious software, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When downloading is finished, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes AntiMalware on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically run and you can see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to scan for hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Easy Coupon Finder. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the MalwareBytes application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When finished, a list of all items found is created. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will get rid of hijacker which cause a redirect to Easy Coupon Finder web site and add items to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system. We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to delete hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malware.
Block Easy Coupon Finder and other undesired webpages
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those intrusive web sites such as Easy Coupon Finder using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to stop undesired web-browser redirects, advertisements and pop ups in any modern internet browsers including Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It’s called Adguard and it works very well.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, Easy Coupon Finder redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Easy Coupon Finder and other unwanted applications
In most cases, the Easy Coupon Finder hijacker come in the composition, together with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled hijacker infection. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, select the Custom or Advanced setup type. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install bundled applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted application on your PC system such as this browser hijacker.
Now your system should be clean of the hijacker that cause Easy Coupon Finder web-page to appear. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and annoying harmful web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ‘ad supported’ software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Easy Coupon Finder search from your internet browser, then ask for help here.