The Adware.Win32.Wajam is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) category. It can display lots of intrusive and unwanted advertisements, even without your permission and desire to see it. Most likely, you don’t even know how and where this potentially unwanted program has got into your system. In the few simple steps below, we will explain all effective methods to remove Adware.Win32.Wajam from your computer for free.
While your personal computer is affected by the Adware.Win32.Wajam, the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox may be redirected to various ads and unwanted web-sites. Of course, this PUP may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a large amount of undesired advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of websites that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all webpages, including web pages where previously you have never seen any sponsored links.
We suggest you to remove Adware.Win32.Wajam and clean your personal computer from unwanted pop-up advertisements as quickly as possible, until the presence of the potentially unwanted program has not led to even worse consequences.
Remove Adware.Win32.Wajam (removal instructions)
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of Adware.Win32.Wajam PUP and other unwanted applications. In the following guidance, we will provide two solutions to clean your computer of this potentially unwanted program. One is the manual removal method and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal guide below to delete Adware.Win32.Wajam PUP right now!
To remove Adware.Win32.Wajam, follow the steps below:
- How to manually remove Adware.Win32.Wajam
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove Adware.Win32.Wajam potentially unwanted program
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- Do not know how your web browser has been hijacked by Adware.Win32.Wajam?
- Finish words
How to manually remove Adware.Win32.Wajam
These steps to delete Adware.Win32.Wajam without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully remove Adware.Win32.Wajam and other unwanted programs.
Remove potentially unwanted program through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted apps, browser hijacking programs and PUP may be removed by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other software. Next, remove any unknown and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your machine. Most likely, one of them is the Adware.Win32.Wajam and other PUPs. Choose the dubious application or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the dubious or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired application, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Adware.Win32.Wajam from Mozilla Firefox
The Firefox reset will delete redirects to annoying ads, modified preferences and adware extensions. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Adware.Win32.Wajam and other PUPs. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Adware.Win32.Wajam from Chrome
If your Google Chrome internet browser is rerouted to unwanted ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Adware.Win32.Wajam from IE
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Adware.Win32.Wajam and other PUPs.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove Adware.Win32.Wajam
In order to completely remove Adware.Win32.Wajam, you not only need to remove unwanted software from your computer, but also delete all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We recommend to download and run free removal tools to automatically clean your PC of Adware.Win32.Wajam PUP and other unwanted applications.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Adware.Win32.Wajam
You can get rid of Adware.Win32.Wajam automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We advise this malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove hijackers, PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the Adware.Win32.Wajam and other unwanted applications. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the system scan is finished, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open you the results. When you are ready, click “Next”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Adware.Win32.Wajam from web-browser
The HitmanPro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It may check and remove malware, potentially unwanted software and adware in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge browsers and thereby remove all intrusive advertisements. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your PC. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the Adware.Win32.Wajam potentially unwanted program and other unwanted software. While the Hitman Pro application is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat..
After that process is done, HitmanPro will show a scan report.
Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to delete Adware.Win32.Wajam
Manual Adware.Win32.Wajam removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the PUP may be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer of PUP. Moreover, the free application will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) utility will start scanning the whole PC to find out Adware.Win32.Wajam and other PUPs. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When the scan is finished, a list of all threats found is created.
- Next, you need to click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your web browsers from malicious webpages and ads by using an ad-blocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as displayed on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted popup ads, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Do not know how your web browser has been hijacked by Adware.Win32.Wajam?
In most cases, potentially unwanted programs come bundled with the setup files from a free hosting and file sharing web-pages. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled potentially unwanted program. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, select the Custom or Advanced installation method. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install optional applications.
Now your PC system should be free of the Adware.Win32.Wajam and other PUPs. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and unwanted malicious websites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC system for new potentially unwanted programs and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Adware.Win32.Wajam from the Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox, then ask for help here here.