What is AnonymizerGadgett? AnonymizerGadgett is a potentially unwanted program from Adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) family. It makes changes to the PC settings and configures itself so as to launch automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and inject ads directly into the open windows of the IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. So, if you notice lots of unwanted ads in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE, then you do not need to wait. Perform the steps below and remove AnonymizerGadgett without a wait.
As well as web-browser redirects to unwanted ads, the AnonymizerGadgett adware can gather your Net surfing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or privacy information theft. This is another reason why the AnonymizerGadgett that causes web browsers to display unwanted advertisements, is categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
|Type||PUP that presented as the fastest proxy, adware|
|Symptoms||lots of unwanted ads, browser redirects|
|AnonymizerGadgett associated files||C:\Program Files (x86)\AnonymizerGadget, C:\Program Files (x86)\AnonymizerGadget\uninstall.exe|
Instructions which is shown below, will help you to clean your computer from adware as well as remove AnonymizerGadgett ads from the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome and other internet browsers.
Remove AnonymizerGadgett (removal guide)
In the guide below, we’ll try to cover the Windows 10 (8, 7, XP) and provide general help to remove AnonymizerGadgett adware. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown programs, reset internet browsers settings, remove harmful scheduled tasks, run free malware removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove AnonymizerGadgett, complete the steps below:
- How to remove AnonymizerGadgett without any software
- Scan your system and remove AnonymizerGadgett adware with free tools
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of AnonymizerGadgett
- To sum up
How to remove AnonymizerGadgett without any software
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the AnonymizerGadgett ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Chrome web-browsers.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs using MS Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking applications and adware can be uninstalled by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to get rid of them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the AnonymizerGadgett that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop-ups. If you’ve many software installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as displayed below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your PC. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the AnonymizerGadgett that causes tons of annoying popup advertisements. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the application which you need to uninstall is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the image below.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the AnonymizerGadgett can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC, it will be started automatically. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove harmful tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something suspicious, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted apps, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by AnonymizerGadgett. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove AnonymizerGadgett from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings had been replaced by AnonymizerGadgett, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of AnonymizerGadgett ads from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to AnonymizerGadgett ads. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the AnonymizerGadgett adware. When, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove AnonymizerGadgett from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the adware, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s settings that have been replaced by AnonymizerGadgett.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s search provider by default, homepage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Scan your system and remove AnonymizerGadgett adware with free tools
In order to completely remove AnonymizerGadgett, you not only need to uninstall ‘ad supported’ software from your system, but also remove all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal utilities to automatically clean your machine of AnonymizerGadgett adware.
How to get rid of AnonymizerGadgett adware with Zemana Anti-malware
You can delete AnonymizerGadgett ad-supported software automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted apps, ad supported software that redirects your web browser to AnonymizerGadgett ads with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to scan for AnonymizerGadgett adware that causes undesired popup ads. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the system scan is complete, Zemana will open a scan report.
- You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Next” button. The tool will remove AnonymizerGadgett adware and add items to the Quarantine. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Scan your machine and remove AnonymizerGadgett adware with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool which can check your computer for a wide range of security threats like malware, adwares, PUPs as well as AnonymizerGadgett. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Microsoft Windows registry. After a malware is found, it will help you to delete all found threats from your computer with a simple click.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the tool is launched, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the AnonymizerGadgett and other PUPs. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When the scan get finished, Hitman Pro will display a list of all items found by the scan as shown below.
In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use Malwarebytes to remove AnonymizerGadgett
You can get rid of AnonymizerGadgett adware automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily get rid of hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to find out AnonymizerGadgett adware which causes annoying ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your PC system. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will prepare a list of unwanted programs ‘ad supported’ software.
- You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your browsers from malicious web-sites and advertisements by using an ad-blocking application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of AnonymizerGadgett
The ad supported software is usually gets onto system by being attached to freeware and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your computer. This happens especially when you’re installing a freeware. The program installer tricks you into accepting the installation of bundled apps, which you do not really want. Moreover, some paid apps can also install third-party programs which you do not want! Therefore, always download free software and paid applications from reputable download websites. Use ONLY custom or manual setup method and never blindly press Next button.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the AnonymizerGadgett adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up advertisements and intrusive harmful pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, malicious software and ‘ad supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete AnonymizerGadgett adware from your computer, then ask for help here.