The appearance of Weather Service web-page as your startpage, newtab and search provider means that your browser has become the victim of the unwanted software from the browser hijacker group. The browser hijacker has received widespread in recent days. Many people are faced with the fact that when the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge starts, it will began to display the Weather Service instead of the startpage and the option to return a default web browser settings was locked.
When you’re performing searches using the browser that has been affected with Weather Service, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The devs behind Weather Service browser hijacker are most likely doing this to generate advertisement revenue from the ads shown in the search results.
While the Weather Service hijacker is active, you won’t be able to revert back the IE, Chrome, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox’ settings like new tab, start page and search provider. If you try to set your start page to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically modified to Weather Service with the next computer reboot. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Weather Service you can have problems with the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge, intrusive advertisements and even privacy info theft.
We strongly recommend you to complete the steps which follow below. We will show you how to get rid of browser hijacker infection and thus delete Weather Service from your Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge forever.
Remove Weather Service New Tab (removal tutorial)
As with removing ‘ad supported’ software, malware or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the instructions, then it should be run malware removal tool, because it should remove hijacker infection and block any further infection. But to completely delete the Weather Service you will have to at least reset your web browser settings such as new tab page, startpage and default search engine to default state, disinfect browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious software, and remove browser hijacker infection by malicious software removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove Weather Service, execute the following steps:
- Remove Weather Service home page without any utilities
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove Weather Service
- How to stop Weather Service redirect
- How was Weather Service hijacker installed on system
- To sum up
Remove Weather Service home page without any utilities
Read this section to know how to manually delete the Weather Service hijacker infection. Even if the guidance does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below which can easily handle such browser hijackers.
Remove questionable apps using Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, ad supported software and browser hijacker can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the following example.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all suspicious and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you’ve found anything questionable that may be the browser hijacker infection which cause a redirect to Weather Service web-page or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your computer.
Remove Weather Service search from Internet Explorer
By resetting IE web browser you revert back your web-browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker such as Weather Service.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
After the process is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab page, search engine by default and startpage to default state.
Get rid of Weather Service from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to Weather Service webpage.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Weather Service homepage from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the hijacker, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to recover the web browser’s home page, default search provider and newtab that have been replaced by hijacker.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove Weather Service
It’s not enough to remove Weather Service from your browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some Weather Service browser hijacker related files may remain on your personal computer and they will recover the browser hijacker infection even after you get rid of it. For that reason we suggest to run free anti malware utility such as Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro. Either of those programs should be able to detect and remove browser hijacker infection that redirects your browser to annoying Weather Service web-site.
Remove Weather Service search with Zemana Free
We advise using the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to search for and get rid of Weather Service startpage from your PC system. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this process is complete, click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the Weather Service browser hijacker and other web browser’s harmful add-ons.
A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of Weather Service hijacker and other browser’s harmful plugins and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Run HitmanPro to get rid of Weather Service homepage
Hitman Pro is a portable program which requires no hard setup to scan for and remove Weather Service browser hijacker and other web-browser’s malicious extensions. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal utilities you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
Please go to the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the utility is opened, you will see a screen as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button . HitmanPro application will scan through the whole PC for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Weather Service. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. Once HitmanPro has completed scanning your computer, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted and adware as shown on the image below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically remove Weather Service redirect with Malwarebytes
You can remove Weather Service startpage automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Weather Service. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes will scan for threats present on your personal computer.
- Once the scan is done, MalwareBytes will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Weather Service redirect
If you want to get rid of unwanted ads, web-browser redirections and pop ups, then install an ad blocker program like AdGuard. It can stop Weather Service, ads, pop-ups and stop web-sites from tracking your online activities when using the MS Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. So, if you like browse the Net, but you don’t like undesired advertisements and want to protect your machine from harmful websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop ads, Weather Service redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How was Weather Service hijacker installed on system
These days some free software makers bundle additional programs which could be potentially unwanted applications like the Weather Service browser hijacker, with a view to making some money. These are not free applications as install an unwanted programs on to your Microsoft Windows computer. So whenever you install a new free application that downloaded from the Web, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation type, reject all bundled software.
To sum up
Once you have finished the guide above, your computer should be clean from this browser hijacker infection and other malware. The Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge will no longer show undesired Weather Service webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Weather Service search.