The Package Tracker Pro is defined as potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the group of browser hijackers (also known as hijackware). After its setup, it may make certain undesired changes to current settings of internet browsers. It will set Package Tracker Pro as your start page, newtab and search engine by default. Thus, if you launch any of the browsers, it’ll always be show this intrusive site. Moreover, when you create a new tab, the Chrome, IE, FF and Edge can be also redirected to Package Tracker Pro.
The Package Tracker Pro browser hijacker takes over your web-browser’s default search provider and controls what will be shown to you whenever you do a searching. Other than the search results, it also provides lots of annoying advertisements on the search page. Some of these ads developed to trick you into buying some questionable products and applications. Moreover, sometimes, those advertisements could redirect you to misleading or harmful sites.
Some hijackers also contain adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which has the ability to show annoying advertisements or gather a wide variety of your personal info that can be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted ads can be opened as pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page advertisements. Most of the adware is developed to display advertisements, but some adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect your confidential data.
To find out how to get rid of Package Tracker Pro redirect, we recommend to read the instructions added to this post below. The tutorial was created by experienced security experts who discovered a way to remove the annoying Package Tracker Pro browser hijacker infection out of the PC.
Remove Package Tracker Pro
Most often hijackers requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team made several removal solutions which we’ve summarized in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you’ve the annoying Package Tracker Pro browser hijacker on your PC system and are currently trying to have it uninstalled then feel free to follow the guidance below in order to resolve your problem. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your browser or restart your computer.
To remove Package Tracker Pro, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete Package Tracker Pro
- Package Tracker Pro startpage automatic removal
- Stop Package Tracker Pro redirect and other unwanted sites
- How does your system get infected with Package Tracker Pro hijacker
- Finish words
How to manually delete Package Tracker Pro
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Package Tracker Pro redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Delete PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all potentially unwanted programs, adware software and browser hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Delete Package Tracker Pro from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infection, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s search engine, home page and newtab that have been modified by Package Tracker Pro hijacker.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Package Tracker Pro from FF by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as start page, new tab and default search engine have been modified by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, run the FF and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Package Tracker Pro web-site. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Package Tracker Pro homepage from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted plugins or toolbars on your browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
After the process is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, default search provider and startpage to default state.
Package Tracker Pro startpage automatic removal
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the browser hijacker once again infect your PC and alter certain settings of web browsers to Package Tracker Pro. Moreover, I want to note that it’s not always safe to get rid of browser hijacker manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the Microsoft Windows operating system. The best method to search for and delete hijacker infections is to run free malicious software removal apps.
Scan and free your computer of Package Tracker Pro with Zemana AntiMalware
We advise using the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana Anti-Malware to detect and delete Package Tracker Pro redirect from your computer. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the personal computer.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to begin checking your PC for the hijacker infection that responsible for web browser reroute to the annoying Package Tracker Pro web site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your system. During the scan Zemana Free will search for threats present on your system.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has completed scanning your computer, Zemana Anti Malware will show a list of detected items.
- Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will delete hijacker that causes web browsers to show unwanted Package Tracker Pro web-site. Once the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your computer of hijacker infection with Malwarebytes
Remove Package Tracker Pro hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and ad-supported software that your PC can be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically run and you can see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free program will scan through the whole PC system for the browser hijacker that causes browsers to open unwanted Package Tracker Pro page. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After that process is done, you will be opened the list of all detected items on your PC system. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes will get rid of hijacker infection which alters internet browser settings to replace your start page, search engine by default and newtab page with Package Tracker Pro page. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove browser hijackers, ad-supported software and other malicious software.
Scan and clean your machine of browser hijacker infection with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free program that created to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, adware and hijackers from your personal computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to detect and get rid of hijacker infection responsible for modifying your web-browser settings to Package Tracker Pro, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 25, 2021
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the download is done, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to begin checking your PC system for the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Package Tracker Pro. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the AdwCleaner is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After AdwCleaner has finished scanning, AdwCleaner will open you the results. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, press “OK”.
The instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Stop Package Tracker Pro redirect and other unwanted sites
By installing an adblocker program such as AdGuard, you are able to block Package Tracker Pro, autoplaying video ads and get rid of lots of distracting and undesired ads on web sites.
- Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, Package Tracker Pro redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How does your system get infected with Package Tracker Pro hijacker
The majority of browser hijackers such as Package Tracker Pro come along with free applications or even paid software that Net users can easily download online. The installers of such software, most commonly, clearly display that they will install optional programs. The option is given to users to block the setup of any bundled software. So, in order to avoid the install of any browser hijacker infections: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced installation method and uncheck all third-party programs in which you are unsure.
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this browser hijacker and other malware. The Edge, IE, Google Chrome and FF will no longer show unwanted Package Tracker Pro web page on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Package Tracker Pro redirect.