The Wallet Protector is an unwanted software from the group of adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software). If you get the Wallet Protector on your system, it can change the web browser’s settings such as new tab, homepage and default search engine and show a large amount of undesired pop up advertisements within the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Microsoft Edge screen. It is important, do not click on these ads, as they can lead you to more harmful or misleading web-sites. The best option is to use the step-by-step guide posted below to remove Wallet Protector adware from your PC and thus get rid of any unwanted ads.
What is more, the Wallet Protector adware that causes internet browsers to display unwanted pop-up advertisements, may open advertisements depend on a web-site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals confidential information about you such as: your ip address, what is a site you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. Even worse, the adware may monetize its functionality by collecting privacy data from your browsing sessions. This personal information, subsequently, can be easily sold to third parties. This puts your privacy information at a security risk.
The malicious apps from the adware family that modifies the settings of browsers usually hijacks only the FF, MS Edge, IE and Google Chrome. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware may modify the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the internet browser, instead of your start page, you will see the annoying Wallet Protector ads.
We strongly recommend that you perform the instructions below that will help you to remove Wallet Protector ‘ad supported’ software using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Remove Wallet Protector adware
There are several steps to deleting the Wallet Protector that causes lots of undesired popup advertisements, because it installs itself so deeply into Microsoft Windows. You need to delete all suspicious and unknown software, then remove malicious plugins from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and other internet browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your browser settings to delete any changes the adware has made, and then scan your computer with Zemana Free, MalwareBytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the ad supported software is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Wallet Protector, execute the following steps:
- Remove Wallet Protector without any utilities
- Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
- Fix affected web browsers shortcuts hijacked by adware
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Delete Wallet Protector ‘ad supported’ software from IE
- Remove Wallet Protector adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Wallet Protector ad supported software from Chrome
- How to automatically remove Wallet Protector
- How to stay safe online
- How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of Wallet Protector
- Finish words
Remove Wallet Protector without any utilities
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to get rid of ads by Wallet Protector adware from the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers.
Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful applications such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software can remove the unwanted advertisements or web-browser redirect.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Fix affected web browsers shortcuts hijacked by adware
The Wallet Protector that cause undesired popups to appear, can hijack various Windows shortcut files on your desktop (most often, all browsers shortcut files), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your affected internet browser. Select the “Properties” option. It’ll show the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware that causes unwanted ads can change it. If you are seeing something similar to “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as displayed in the figure below.
Once is complete, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web browser shortcuts that redirects to an intrusive web pages. When you’ve completed, go to next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If an intrusive site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks which have been created by the Wallet Protector adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will show a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed in the following example.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by Wallet Protector ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Delete Wallet Protector ‘ad supported’ software from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer browser settings like new tab page, homepage and search engine by default having been changed by Wallet Protector which cause annoying popup ads to appear, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, launch the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Wallet Protector adware from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the redirect to Wallet Protector ads.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Remove Wallet Protector ad supported software from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is redirected to undesired Wallet Protector ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your web-browser application to its default settings.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove Wallet Protector
If you’re not expert at machine technology, then we recommend to use free removal utilities listed below to get rid of Wallet Protector for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Wallet Protector removal is a better option.
How to remove Wallet Protector ‘ad supported’ software with Zemana Anti-malware
You can get rid of Wallet Protector ad supported software automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malware removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, adware that redirects your web browser to Wallet Protector web-page with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Free from the link below. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Wallet Protector that causes tons of intrusive pop-ups.
- After finished, Zemana will display a scan report.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of Wallet Protector adware that causes web-browsers to show unwanted pop up advertisements and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Malwarebytes to get rid of Wallet Protector
Manual Wallet Protector removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system of ad-supported software. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, hijacker infections and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to search for Wallet Protector ad supported software which cause unwanted ads to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the MalwareBytes application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a scan report. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. When disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a instructions on how to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Scan your PC and get rid of Wallet Protector ‘ad supported’ software with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and run to get rid of Wallet Protector ad-supported software that created to redirect your web-browser to various ad sites, browser hijackers, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You may use this tool to look for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Download AdwCleaner on your personal computer from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
After downloading is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the Wallet Protector that causes multiple unwanted ads and popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. As the scanning ends, you will be displayed the list of all detected threats on your computer as displayed below.
You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt as displayed below.
You need to press “OK”. After the clean-up is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stay safe online
Running an ad-blocker application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker programs will also protect you from harmful ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to undesired ads and other unwanted web pages.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the link below. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. After the install is finished, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of Wallet Protector
It is very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation of free applications to avoid installing of PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers or other undesired apps. Never setup the optional apps that the program wants to install with it. Inattentive free programs download can result in setup of undesired application like this Wallet Protector adware that causes intrusive advertisements.
Now your PC system should be clean of the Wallet Protector adware that causes web-browsers to open annoying pop-up ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and undesired malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your system for new ad supported softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Wallet Protector adware from the Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Google Chrome, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.