The Applicationlands.com is just one of the many misleading web-sites that offers to install an questionable software. It’s developed to fill the web browser’s constant stream of misleading advertisements, or reroute the FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to not expected and intrusive advertising web-sites. If your web-browser opens automatically to the Applicationlands.com then you need to know that a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from adware family has been installed onto the computer. The adware is designed in order to provide third-party advertisements to the user without asking his permission. The ‘ad supported’ software takes control of all your typical web browsers and redirects them to undesired web-sites such as the Applicationlands.com every time you browse the World Wide Web.
While the PC is affected with the ad-supported software, when you launch the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge or open any web site, you may see in your web-browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for Applicationlands.com’, ‘Transferring data from Applicationlands.com’, ‘Looking up Applicationlands.com’, ‘Read Applicationlands.com’, ‘Connected to Applicationlands.com’.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers such as the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer. But such the harmful software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it will redirect to the annoying Applicationlands.com web-page. Even if you setup a new home page, an unwanted web-page will be the first thing you see when you start the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge.
We strongly recommend that you perform the step by step tutorial below that will help you to get rid of Applicationlands.com pop-up ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Remove Applicationlands.com popups
Fortunately, we’ve an effective method that will assist you manually or/and automatically remove Applicationlands.com from your internet browser and bring your browser settings, including newtab, home page and search engine by default, back to normal. Below you will find a removal instructions with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its traces. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your PC.
To remove Applicationlands.com, use the steps below:
- Manual Applicationlands.com advertisements removal
- Delete potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove Applicationlands.com popup advertisements from IE
- Remove Applicationlands.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Applicationlands.com popup ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by adware
- Scan your computer and remove Applicationlands.com redirect with free utilities
- Stop Applicationlands.com redirect and other intrusive web sites
- How did you get infected with Applicationlands.com popup advertisements
- To sum up
Manual Applicationlands.com advertisements removal
If you perform exactly the tutorial below you should be able to remove the Applicationlands.com pop-up advertisements from the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browsers.
Delete potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all PUPs, adware programs and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and delete all software which has the name similar to “Applicationlands.com”. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the ‘ad supported’ software, ad supported software or PUPs, then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your computer.
Remove Applicationlands.com popup advertisements from IE
In order to recover all browser startpage, new tab page and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, run the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s home page, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Applicationlands.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as homepage, new tab and default search engine have been replaced by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web-browser settings to its original state.
Remove Applicationlands.com popup ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web-browser’s settings like new tab, startpage and search provider by default that have been replaced by the ad-supported software that causes multiple intrusive ads.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed in the figure below and press the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Applicationlands.com page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks which have been created by unwanted applications.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will show a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following example.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by adware
When the ad-supported software is started, it can also change the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will show an unwanted web page.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can modify it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the internet browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown on the image below.
Once is finished, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying web sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Scan your computer and remove Applicationlands.com redirect with free utilities
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove ad-supported software that causes browsers to show intrusive Applicationlands.com popups. So, we suggest to check your computer for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal programs below.
Automatically remove Applicationlands.com redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
We advise you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your computer of adware that redirects your browser to unwanted Applicationlands.com site. Moreover, the utility will help you to remove potentially unwanted programs, malware, toolbars and browser hijacker infections that your PC can be infected too.
- Download Zemana Free from the link below and save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button .Zemana AntiMalware application will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware that cause unwanted Applicationlands.com pop up ads to appear. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will show a list of found items. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Once finished, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
How to remove Applicationlands.com with Malwarebytes
Manual Applicationlands.com redirect removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your personal computer of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your machine for the ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple intrusive popup ads. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free tool is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning your personal computer, you can check all items detected on your PC system. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Double-check for potentially unwanted software with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs and ad supported software in Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browsers and thereby remove all intrusive Applicationlands.com pop up ads. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the download is finished, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to begin checking your computer for the adware that causes intrusive Applicationlands.com advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the AdwCleaner utility is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once the checking is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your PC, click “OK”.
The guide shown in detail in the following video.
Stop Applicationlands.com redirect and other intrusive web sites
We suggest to install an ad-blocking program that may stop Applicationlands.com and other unwanted web-sites. The ad-blocker tool such as AdGuard is a application that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and blocks access to malicious web pages. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker programs is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop ads, sites such Applicationlands.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Applicationlands.com popup advertisements
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web-browser to intrusive Applicationlands.com page. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new adwares, harmful applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Applicationlands.com advertisements from your browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.