The Gamezmelt.com popups should not be underestimated, because the reason for their appearance within your browser is penetration of an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) into your PC system. It can bring a security risk to your system. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Gamezmelt.com is just a web-page, but the ad supported software uses it to show intrusive and intrusive ads, even without your permission and desire to see it. The annoying advertisements can be just the beginning, because your personal computer is hijacked by malicious software, so the amount of popup ads in the future may increase. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Internet, and more, can lead to crash the web-browser.
The ‘ad supported’ software may install web browser hijacker that once started, will alter the web browser’s home page and search engine. And finally, the ad-supported software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Table of contents
- What is Gamezmelt.com
- How to remove Gamezmelt.com ads
- How to manually remove Gamezmelt.com
- Scan your personal computer and delete Gamezmelt.com pop ups with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to block Gamezmelt.com and stay safe online
- Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Gamezmelt.com advertisements?
- Finish words
The adware often modify all internet browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various undesired ad web sites. As a result, your browser can still redirect you to an undesired ad web site despite your machine is actually clean of ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software.
We strongly suggest that you perform the guide below which will help you to remove Gamezmelt.com pop up ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
How to remove Gamezmelt.com ads
Fortunately, we’ve an effective way that will help you manually or/and automatically remove Gamezmelt.com from your web browser and bring your internet browser settings, including homepage, newtab page and search engine by default, back to normal. Below you will find a removal tutorial with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its components. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your machine.
How to manually remove Gamezmelt.com
The useful removal guide for the Gamezmelt.com popup advertisements. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Gamezmelt.com redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and uninstall suspicious software, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before Gamezmelt.com ads appeared on your browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and get rid of all software that has the name similar to the Gamezmelt.com web-site. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection, ad supported software or potentially unwanted programs, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your computer.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Gamezmelt.com redirect
After the ad supported software is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will show an undesired page.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Gamezmelt.com popup ads from Chrome
Use the Reset browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as newtab, startpage and search engine by default to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser redirects to intrusive ad web sites like Gamezmelt.com.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Gamezmelt.com ads from FF
If the FF settings such as homepage, newtab and search provider by default have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your FF browser settings to its original state.
Remove Gamezmelt.com redirect from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer browser settings like home page, new tab and default search engine having been replaced by adware which created to redirect your internet browser to various ad web sites such as Gamezmelt.com, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your computer, it will open Gamezmelt.com annoying web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This opens a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the unwanted software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your personal computer and delete Gamezmelt.com pop ups with free tools
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely get rid of adware that designed to reroute your internet browser to various ad sites like Gamezmelt.com. So, we suggest to check your personal computer for any remaining harmful components with free ad supported software removal programs below.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to remove Gamezmelt.com ads
You can remove Gamezmelt.com pop-up ads automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malware removal tool because it can easily remove hijacker infections, PUPs, adware that redirects your internet browser to Gamezmelt.com web-site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button It’ll scan through the whole machine for the adware that cause annoying Gamezmelt.com advertisements to appear. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- When it has completed scanning, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Review the scan results and then press “Next”. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
How to automatically get rid of Gamezmelt.com with Malwarebytes
Get rid of Gamezmelt.com ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this process is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes tons of undesired Gamezmelt.com pop up advertisements. While the tool is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned. In order to get rid of all items, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
If the problem with Gamezmelt.com redirect is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your machine for ‘ad supported’ software that cause undesired Gamezmelt.com popup advertisements to appear, PUPs and hijacker infections and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you delete any malicious web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Once the downloading process is finished, double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, press “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out adware that causes multiple undesired pop up advertisements. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After it has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Gamezmelt.com and stay safe online
Run ad blocking program like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC performance and impact your PC system security. Browse the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
Installing the AdGuard ad blocking program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, sites such Gamezmelt.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Gamezmelt.com advertisements?
After completing the step-by-step tutorial shown above, your personal computer should be clean from malware, hijackers and adware. The FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer show Gamezmelt.com annoying page when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- After it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Gamezmelt.com pop-up advertisements.