The cause of unwanted magnaews.com ads on your screen is ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). Technically, the ‘ad supported’ software, that opens a huge number of advertisements or redirects on an unwanted page, is not a virus. It’s is created to make a money. Once started, the ad-supported software injects a small code within the content of pages that you visit. The malicous code may pop-up a new internet browser window with magnaews.com web-page or insert a large amount of advertising links directly into the pages you’re viewing.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge, but often that a dangerous software such as this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the internet browser to see magnaews.com annoying advertisements.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge may be redirected to magnaews.com unwanted web-site. Of course, the ad-supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a ton of unwanted ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all sites, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any advertisements. In this case, when you open any page, you may see in your browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for magnaews.com’, ‘Transferring data from magnaews.com’, ‘Looking up magnaews.com’, ‘Read magnaews.com’, ‘Connected to magnaews.com’.
So, obviously, you need to delete the ad supported software as quickly as possible. Use the free steps below. This guide will help you clean your PC system and thereby remove the magnaews.com annoying pop-up ads.
How can you prevent the magnaews.com advertisements
How to manually remove magnaews.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to delete the magnaews.com ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete magnaews.com redirect
- Get rid of magnaews.com redirect from Chrome
- Delete magnaews.com ads from FF
- Remove magnaews.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your web-browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete magnaews.com redirect
Once the ‘ad supported’ software is started, it can also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of magnaews.com redirect from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s homepage and search engine by default that have been replaced by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete magnaews.com ads from FF
If the FF settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the reroute onto magnaews.com web-page.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove magnaews.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like home page, newtab page and search provider by default to default state, disable ad-supported web browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to magnaews.com annoying site.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC, it will display magnaews.com annoying web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove magnaews.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal magnaews.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the freeware will help you to delete malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole system to find out adware that redirects your internet browser to the magnaews.com annoying web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is done, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block magnaews.com pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious pages, you need to use an application that stops access to malicious ads and web-sites. Moreover, the application can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-ups, magnaews.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove magnaews.com pop-ups and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the annoying magnaews.com pop-up ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
Once the downloading process is finished, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, you will see a screen like below.
Now, click the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out malicious extensions and ‘ad supported’ software that displays advertisements from magnaews.com web site. When it has finished scanning your computer, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to remove adware, browser hijackers and other dangerous applications.
Once you have complete the few simple steps above, your computer should be clean from malware and adware. The Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer display magnaews.com unwanted advertisements and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the system scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying magnaews.com pop-ups.