If you turn on your computer and your internet browser is launched automatically, after that immediately show the annoying exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz site or your web browser began to show lots of popup ads, then most probably your machine has become a victim of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that usually gets installed as a part of some free programs. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active World Wide Web user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects and popup ads. Complete the steps below to clean your system as soon as possible, as the adware can be a way to infect your computer with more dangerous malicious programs like viruses and trojans. The few simple steps which follow, I’ll show you how to delete ad supported software and thereby get rid of exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz unwanted ads from your computer forever.
The adware can change the settings of the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, but often that a harmful software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web browser to see exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz annoying advertisements.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional web-browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertisements within the Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install web-browser hijacker that once started, will change the browser’s home page and search engine. And finally, the ad-supported software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC from the adware as well as delete exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz annoying pop-up ads from the FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge and other browsers.
How can you prevent your system from the attack of exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz pop-ups
How to manually remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz ads
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to remove the exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz pop-up ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your system.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz redirect
- Get rid of exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz redirect
When the adware is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz from Mozilla Firefox
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been changed by ad supported software.
- Open the Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz from Internet Explorer
To delete the exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your machine.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box like below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your machine. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz pop-ups automatically
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install this tool to detect exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz threat and remove it, by clicking on the link below. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this task is done, click “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out adware and malware. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your PC system. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about the Malwarebytes, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step instructions or the video guide below.
How to stop exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your PC system and get rid of exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz redirect with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and delete adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE web browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (startpage, new tab page and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the machine.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once the downloading process is complete, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown in the figure below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the application, press Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that cause a redirect to exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz ads.
When it has finished scanning your computer, it will open a list of all items detected by this tool as shown below.
You need to press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK” to start the cleaning process. When the clean up is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and adware. The Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer show exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz annoying popup ads and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying exclusiverewards.mazex.xyz .