Have you become that your web browser opens bitpr.xyz page, instead of the one you want to see? It is a sign that you have an installed adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) on your PC system. The adware is a part of dangerous software that created to display a ton of unwanted pop-ups. You need to perform the few simple steps below ASAP. It’ll clear your machine from ad supported software that generates a large amount of pop-ups in the browser and thereby get rid of the reroute to bitpr.xyz web site.
The adware usually affects only the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web browser’s settings or installing a harmful extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the machine for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the web browser, you will see an unwanted bitpr.xyz web-site.
While your PC is infected with the ‘ad supported’ software, the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge may be redirected to bitpr.xyz annoying web page. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display tons of unwanted ads. These ads will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your web browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web sites, including web pages where previously you have never seen any advertisements. In this case, when you open any web-page, you may see in your internet browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for bitpr.xyz’, ‘Transferring data from bitpr.xyz’, ‘Looking up bitpr.xyz’, ‘Read bitpr.xyz’, ‘Connected to bitpr.xyz’.
We suggest you to get rid of adware and clean your machine from bitpr.xyz popup ads as soon as possible, until the presence of the ‘ad supported’ software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the steps below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to bitpr.xyz unwanted page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does bitpr.xyz ads get installed onto PC
How to manually remove bitpr.xyz
This step-by-step instructions will assist you remove bitpr.xyz pop-up ads. These bitpr.xyz removal steps work for the Firefox, Chrome, IE and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or restart your computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove bitpr.xyz ads from FF
- Remove bitpr.xyz from Chrome
- Remove bitpr.xyz ads from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of bitpr.xyz redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements and internet browser redirect to unwanted web-sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs category as on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of installed programs. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the internet browser redirect to annoying bitpr.xyz pop-ups. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it and press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown on the screen below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of unwanted ads and web-browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program, you need to delete, is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the figure below.
Remove bitpr.xyz ads from FF
If the FF settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto bitpr.xyz site.
First, start the FF and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, press the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software. When it’s complete, click the “Finish” button
Remove bitpr.xyz from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by ad-supported software.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove bitpr.xyz ads from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, new tab and default search engine to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and thereby remove the reroute to bitpr.xyz annoying web page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of bitpr.xyz redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted bitpr.xyz page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Delete bitpr.xyz ads automatically
You can remove bitpr.xyz redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove ad supported software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After downloading is done, close all windows on your machine. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown below, click the Yes button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once the install is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the malware and ad supported software that cause the bitpr.xyz advertisements. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete. Please be patient.
Once the checking is finished, you can check all threats detected on your system. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing malware and ad-supported software which cause bitpr.xyz ads. When the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Malwarebytes to remove adware and other harmful applications.
How to stop bitpr.xyz
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup ads, bitpr.xyz redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with bitpr.xyz pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of bitpr.xyz advertisements, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the adware that generates bitpr.xyz advertisements.
- Once the scanning is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to remove ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the guide shown above, your PC should be clean from malware and adware. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer open bitpr.xyz annoying pop-ups and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying bitpr.xyz pop-up ads.