Have you become that your web-browser randomly shows play-j3.com pop-ups? It is a sign that you have an installed adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) on your system. The ad supported software is a part of harmful software that created to display a lot of annoying advertisements. You need to follow the instructions below as soon as possible. It will clear your PC from adware that generates tons of ads in the internet browser and thereby get rid of the reroute to play-j3.com site.
The malicious applications from the adware family that alters the settings of browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the browser, instead of your startpage, you will see the unwanted play-j3.com ads.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of popup ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted applications without your permission, force you to visit malicious web sites. Moreover, the adware can download and install web-browser hijacker. Once installed, it will change your home page with an unwanted page.
We suggest you to get rid of ‘ad supported’ software and clean your PC from play-j3.com pop-ups as soon as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the reroute to play-j3.com unwanted web page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How did play-j3.com pop-up ads get on your machine
How to manually remove play-j3.com pop-ups
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, that will help you manually get rid of play-j3.com pop-up ads from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of play-j3.com redirect
- Remove play-j3.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove play-j3.com pop-up ads from FF
- Delete play-j3.com pop-ups from IE
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of play-j3.com redirect
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove play-j3.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the malware and ad supported software, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Now run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove play-j3.com pop-up ads from FF
First, start the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete play-j3.com pop-ups from IE
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings like homepage and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and thereby delete the redirect to play-j3.com annoying page.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your computer, it will show play-j3.com annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will display a prompt which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Get rid of play-j3.com advertisements with Malwarebytes
Delete play-j3.com manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. The Malwarebytes is a reputable malware removal application. It can automatically detect and remove the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) of the your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove web-browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your system may be infected too. You can follow the few simple steps below to remove the play-j3.com annoying completely.
Download Malwarebytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup like below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your system.
When installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your personal computer for the ad-supported software which causes the redirect to play-j3.com site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
Once the scan is done, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button. The Malwarebytes will begin removing the adware related files, folders, registry keys. When the disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
The following video explains the instructions above on how to delete adware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to stop play-j3.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that stops access to malicious ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, play-j3.com redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with play-j3.com redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot delete play-j3.com redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is opened the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the ‘ad supported’ software that generates play-j3.com ads.
- Once the system scan is complete, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
After completing the guide outlined above, your machine should be clean from malware and ad supported software. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer open play-j3.com annoying advertisements and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying play-j3.com .