If you turn on your PC and your web browser is launched automatically, after that immediately display the annoying new1news.org site or your internet browser began to open a large amount of advertisements, then most probably your PC system has become a victim of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that usually gets installed as a part of some free applications. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active World Wide Web user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects and ads. Perform the steps below to clean your computer as soon as possible, as the ‘ad supported’ software can be a way to infect your computer with more dangerous malicious software such as viruses and trojans. The step-by-step instructions which follow, I’ll show you how to delete ad supported software and thereby remove new1news.org annoying advertisements from your computer forever.
The ‘ad supported’ software can change the settings of the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see new1news.org annoying ads.
The ‘ad supported’ software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters web browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional internet browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertising links within the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install web browser hijacker that once started, will change the web-browser’s start page and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
We suggest you to remove ad-supported software and clean your computer from new1news.org ads ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to new1news.org annoying web site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does your PC system get infected with new1news.org ads
Most commonly, the ‘ad supported’ software is bundled within the install packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you do not know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During install, select the Custom or Advanced setup option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any applications or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted application on your PC system such as this adware that reroute the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge onto the annoying new1news.org page.
How to manually remove new1news.org ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, that will allow you manually get rid of new1news.org redirect from the Google Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove new1news.org redirect
- Get rid of new1news.org pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove new1news.org advertisements from Chrome
- Remove new1news.org ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your web browser from popup ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove new1news.org redirect
When the adware is started, it can also alter the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be redirected to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of new1news.org pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been modified by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to get rid of the reroute onto new1news.org web-site.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it’s done, click the “Finish” button
Remove new1news.org advertisements from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove new1news.org ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To remove the new1news.org ads you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box as shown on the screen below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted new1news.org web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your machine. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of new1news.org pop-ups with free malware remover
Get rid of new1news.org advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all software and windows on your PC. Open the directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- When installation is done, press on the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware that redirects your browser to the new1news.org annoying web-page. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the checking is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop new1news.org advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that stops access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block popup ads, new1news.org redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove new1news.org ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the unwanted new1news.org pop-up ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad-supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
When the download is finished, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out malicious extensions and adware which shows advertisements from new1news.org web page. When it has finished scanning your personal computer, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your machine.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to get rid of ad supported software, browser hijackers and other dangerous applications.
Now your computer should be free of the new1news.org pop-up ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and annoying dangerous web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous software and ‘ad supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove new1news.org pop-ups from your personal computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.